Cant find which template holds the "<br>" I need to remove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant find which template holds the "<br>" I need to remove

Hi there must be a "<br>" somewhere in forumdisplay templates above the "forumslist" and "threadslist" codes.

If you notice there is a break above the forumlist. It should go right to the bottom of the other gray cell. I checked forumdisplay, forumslist, and threadslist templates and there is no place that a "<br>" is there to cause it to go down. And if I open the templates in frontpage or something to look at it, it does not show the break. ANyone know how I can remove this? I did the same thing on my main forum page and it worked fine.

Thanks

Please help. Its driving me mad. Ive lokoed through the templates over and over....I dont see anything that would cause a break in it. THe forumslist starts right off with table info. I cannot find any breaks. SO what could I be missing?

Comment

Turn on the show template info on source option (forgot the name...) this shows stuff like <!-- end header template --> <!-- start forum_display template --> , this will help you find that odd BR
      Bike Forums.net

Comment

Im not sure I know what you're talking about. Never saw such an option. Where should I look to turn this on?

Comment

Admin > Gen Options > Templates > Add template name in comments. Change to Yes, then view the source of your page, to find what template this <br> is in.
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Thanks bro. I finally got it. What it ended up being was the in "threadslist" Before the table it had the form action above the table. So the space was from the form action. I moved this into the table about the <tr>.

Below is what it was.
            Code:
            <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: forumdisplay_threadslist -->
            <!-- topic table -->
            <form action="forumdisplay.php" method="get">
            <table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" bgcolor="#
            I just removed the formaction and put it below the table, but above the "<tr>" tag.

Comment

Cool, glad ya got it working.
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

Working...
              X