Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disabling time limit for Thread Title edit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling time limit for Thread Title edit?

========
    Time limit on editing of thread title:
    Specify the time-limit (in minutes) within which the thread-title may be edited by the thread starter.
    =========

The above CP option has you enter a value but entering zero really means zero, not "disable".

Is there an easy way to disable this, or should I just set the value to a really large number?

0 didn't work for me either so I made it

This way now my members can go back and edit a thread title the next day, week or whatever. On my forum which has a trading forum that option is important to keep things updated.
    PC help forums

Comment

Any of you PHP experts know if a large number like that would create any extra undue overhead? That's my only concern...

Comment

It should not cause any more resource usage.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Sorry for bumping such an old thread but I have the same question, but for vb3. Is there a clean way to do this? i.e. would "-1" work?

Comment

bump

Comment

I don't know if that will work or not. You can try it and see.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X