How to disable checked boxes when replying to a pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable checked boxes when replying to a pm

They are all checked and most of those are needless. How would one go about making sure "Request Read Receipt:", "Save a copy:" and "Show Signature:" are not auto checked when replying to a pm. thanks
    PC help forums

In the Admin CP, select Private Messaging Templates. In the priv_sendprivmsg tempate you will see:

PHP Code:
    <tr>
        <
    td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" valign="top"><normalfont><b>Options</b></normalfont></td>
        <
    td bgcolor="{firstaltcolor}" valign="top"><smallfont>
        <
    input type="checkbox" name="parseurl" value="yes" checked> <b>Automatically parse URLs:</bautomatically adds [url] and [/urlaround internet addresses.
        <
    br><input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="yes" $signaturechecked> <b>Show Signature:</b> include your profile signature.  Only registered users may have signatures.
        <
    br><input type="checkbox" name="savecopy" value="yes" checked> <b>Save a copy:</bAlso save a copy in the 'Sent Items' folder.

$requestreceipt

</smallfont></td>
    </
    tr
    Where you see the word "checked" change it to "unchecked". IE: $signaturechecked change to $signatureunchecked.

Do the same in the priv_requestreceipt template if you wish to unselect that as well.
    Rob

Comment

Actually to ensure the signature box is not checked, you need to remove $signaturechecked - like this:

<input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="yes">

$signatureunchecked will probably do nothing.

The others, remove checked from the <input> tag, just as you removed $signaturechecked.

unchecked has no meaning in HTML AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
        Actually to ensure the signature box is not checked, you need to remove $signaturechecked - like this:

<input type="checkbox" name="signature" value="yes">

$signatureunchecked will probably do nothing.

The others, remove checked from the <input> tag, just as you removed $signaturechecked.

unchecked has no meaning in HTML AFAIK.
        Ummm, no, $signatureunchecked works. They're all unchecked in my forums. And they've been that way since I've been running the Forums.
        Rob

Comment

Adding "un" to checked seemed to be the only way that worked. I also removed the posticon bit since it really isn't needed in pm's and makes it slower and alsot removed the signature option too. This makes pm's much quicker.

thanks mucho guys
          PC help forums

Comment

Originally posted by RobAC
            Ummm, no, $signatureunchecked works. They're all unchecked in my forums. And they've been that way since I've been running the Forums.
            Yes it works. However, here's my point: In PHP, a variable when called displays nothing unless it has been assigned a value. $signatureunchecked is not assigned a value anywhere in the vB files, hence it's blank, e.g. this
            <input type="checkbox" value="yes" $signatureunchecked>
            is parsed into this:
            <input type="checkbox" value="yes" >

Whereas this
            <input type="checkbox" value="yes" $signaturechecked>
            is parsed as either this
            <input type="checkbox" value="yes" checked>
            or this
            <input type="checkbox" value="yes" >
            depending on whether $signaturechecked is turned "on" in the files, which is dependent on whether the user has a signature or not. Which leads me to my real point: removing $signaturechecked makes it unchecked by default.

Comment

Ok. Cool.
              Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X