moving a subforum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving a subforum

i guess its a subforum. people before me used 1.whatever and had turned off the display of the forums, so it just showed the subforums. now with 2 i dont see a way to turn it off. so now i came to find out that they had added subforums to the wrong forum. is there a way to move it?

i'm not sure i have the terms right, but theres like [forum1]>[somethingunderit] that i want to move to [forum2]>[hereinstead]

also is there a way to turn the display of forums?

First question, go to Forums > Modify and change the parent from forum1 to forum2.

Second question, set Active to "no" or Display Order to 0 - either one will turn off the forum from display.

Comment

first answer was exactly what i wanted.

second wasnt. in 1.x you could just display all the subforum type things on the main page, and it didnt show what big forum type deal it was under... i wish i remembered what the option was called..

either way thanks for the help

Comment

i want the main page to look like after you click on a big forum thing (purple bar, yellow text by default). with just the listings of the actual forums not the categories. whats the correct term for this anyway i feel retarded. maybe i am retarded who knows...

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you mean but I don't think it's possible if you mean what I think you mean.

Comment

ill be back when i find out what the option was called in 1.x

thanks again

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X