No announcement yet.

[Release v2] Stars v0.2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I installed the hack, added the amount of stars in the control panel, updated counter (user info). But the stars just don't show up in the post.
    Any idea's ?
    *** No Signature Yet, Why Bother :) ***

Comment

• Hiya Tubedogg...

I have installed the hack, but am unsure of the last bit in Your stars Hack installer screen ...

It says "Go to Add under Stars, and set up the levels you want (e.g. 10 posts = 1 star, etc.)"

What stars??

I assume You mean a "menu item" in the CP, but such item is not present.....

So what have I done wrong?

Comment

• I have installed the star hack and everything works great except for when a user reaches the next post level to get another star they don't recieve it until I go into the admin cp and do the update counters thing. Is there anyway for this to auto update when a user reaches the next level so I don't have to do it manually? Or if it is supposed to do it on it's own is there something in the code I can check? Thanks for any help.
        GTtalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Danbc
          Hiya Tubedogg...

I have installed the hack, but am unsure of the last bit in Your stars Hack installer screen ...

It says "Go to Add under Stars, and set up the levels you want (e.g. 10 posts = 1 star, etc.)"

What stars??

I assume You mean a "menu item" in the CP, but such item is not present.....

So what have I done wrong?
          From the installer:

Keep in mind: Any place it asks how many stars you want to give, it's a number (from 1 to 100) and not star.gif or anything else. The hack itself processes the number and goes from there automatically.

If you put 100 there then you get 10 stars...etc...

Comment

• Lesane:

Thanks! I got it to work now

Allthough there is now 2 user profiles options in my CP, but I donĀ“t mind as long as it works

Btw. Not releated. I installed the "links hack" aswell, and it said to put a link to links.php on the forum. How do I do that, and is there a "links" button to use?
            Last edited by Danbc; Tue 23 Oct '01, 3:49am.

Comment

• Still no luck installing the stars, i double check everything, all goes well, except the displaying of the start, they just don't show up.

My file are attached, if somebody would like to help.
              I'm clueless. I have installed the hack before, then there where no probs.

<< edit - you may not post full files! >>
              Last edited by tubedogg; Tue 23 Oct '01, 11:44pm.
              *** No Signature Yet, Why Bother :) ***

Comment

• I have a problem,

when I put in usergroup an image for a group, I do not have an error
                but in the base sql I do not have the image which I defined in
                usergroup

( i use vbportal 3.0b pr 6.1 )

Comment

• Originally posted by Danbc
                  Btw. Not releated. I installed the "links hack" aswell, and it said to put a link to links.php on the forum. How do I do that, and is there a "links" button to use?
                  In your admin: Styles -> Modify -> Default (probably) -> fonts/colors/ -> and then put a link to links.php somewhere in your header template

Comment

• Lesane:

Thanks for the tip! All is working nicely now

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramsy de Vos
                      Still no luck installing the stars, i double check everything, all goes well, except the displaying of the start, they just don't show up.

My file are attached, if somebody would like to help.
                      I'm clueless. I have installed the hack before, then there where no probs.

<< edit - you may not post full files! >>
                      Are you sure that you edited the postbit template

Comment

• I installed this on my test board, worked great the first try... ^^ So GJ.

Anyways... Ive got a Q, Is there a way to make it where i can use diffrent images on diffrent styles? Because the ones i have now, dont match with all the styles i have... So id like to have custom ones for each one...

Hope someone can help... =/

-Syphin

Comment

• thanks

thx tubedog
                          it's working great

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X