'how do i' look at the template guide w/o purchasing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'how do i' look at the template guide w/o purchasing

I posted this in the suggestions forum too because I didn't know quite where to put it. I am considering buying vbulletin for my site, but would like to see the template guides as A deciding factor. I want to see them so I can plan what I will do with my board and see if vbulletin will work out like I want/need it too. Is it any big deal to let "non-customers" see this guide?

just go to the "admin demo" on this site:
    http://161.58.84.213/admindemo.html

Then enter the demo, and you can test the comtrol panel.

To view the "template thing" scroll the left windows to the bottom, and klick under "Template" => "edit", than in the right window under "sample test" => "expand"!

Enjoy!

huba,
    scotty
    There is no spoon!!!

Comment

Thanks, but I have already tried this. What want it the PDF file that you can download in the members section that tells you what each of the templates does.

Comment

I'm sorry but those documents contain information which is only available to those that have purchased vBulletin.

Comment

OK, I understand. Thanks anyways

Comment

Is this why the User Guide stops at the Stats and doesn't include the sections on Styles, Replacements, and Templates?

This is the most complicated part of configuring of vBulletin for a Web site. I and, I would guess, many potential buyers would like to know how good the documentation is. It's a factor in deciding to purchase, not only for itself, but also because it helps indicate if technical services will need to be purchased.

Comment

Actually your guess is as good as mine because I did write up a little section on those sections. However it never made it to the website..

You can find a beginner's view here...

http://sitepointforums.com/showthrea...threadid=24052
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The style stuff is still being tweaked/edited.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X