Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

I have had a problem upgrading to version 2.0
    I stopped it mid way on the second step because I clicked the wrong button. This seems to have corrupted my database as I can't access posts any more from the forum....although they are still in the database.
    Can somebody please have a look at it and upgrade to version 2. Please tell me how much this would cost and how long it would take.

Post your error messages and link to your forums and then perhaps someone can help you.
    Marc James
    Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
    Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

PHP Version?
      MySQL Version?
      URL to site?

Comment

PHP4
        MySQL = 3.23.38
        URL = www.ymuk.net
        However I've turned the forum off so you won't be able to access it.
        What happened was that I was supposed to click on 'Click Here' to backup my database, but I clicked on 'Next Step' and it started doing something to my tables. I panicked and stopped it mid-way. Bad move. I then tried to back up again and it said it couldn't cos of some update error and then it came out wih loads of errors. I then tried to just upgrade and it said I needed to revert to 1.1.6 database. I ran the upgrade.php for upgrading to 1.1.6 and it seemed to successfully change the tables. However my posts are still inaccessible.
        They are there, but I can't get to them through the forum. I can see the threads, but when I go to open one it comes up with a standard error. Here is what it emails me:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT postid,dateline FROM post WHERE post.threadid=1199 AND post.visible=1 ORDER BY dateline
        mysql error: MySQL server has gone away
        mysql error number: 2006
        Date: Friday 01st of June 2001 05:02:38 PM
        Script: /showthread.php?threadid=1199
        Referer: http://forum.ymuk.net/search.php?get...line=991422412

Please help.

Comment

Working...
        X