Database Error Invalid SQL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Error Invalid SQL

I'm now receiving the following error message at approximately the same time each day. I'm not sure if it is from a hack (I'm using vbPortal and showbuddies) but what is strange is that I have not changed anything to my database in the past 2 days -- it just started to appear beginning in June. It looks like to me that there is a variable missing where it should be WHERE eventid = <somevariable> AND calendar_events.userid=user.userid

I look at my calendar.php file and it has "FROM calendar_events, user WHERE eventid = $eventid AND calendar_events.userid = user.userid"))" entered.... hmmm...

I don't have any events entered. When I put in an event id does seem to show. I'm just not sure what template called this and why it would do so every evening around 2am..

============================================

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT eventdate,allowsmilies,username,event,subject,calendar_events.userid,public
    FROM calendar_events, user
    WHERE eventid = AND calendar_events.userid = user.userid mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND calendar_events.userid = user.userid' at line 3 mysql error number: 1064
    Date: Saturday 02nd of June 2001 01:46:07 AM
    Script:
    Referer:

------------------------------------------

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT eventdate,allowsmilies,username,event,subject,calendar_events.userid,public
    WHERE eventid = AND calendar_events.userid = user.userid mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'AND calendar_events.userid = user.userid' at line 3 mysql error number: 1064
    Date: Friday 01st of June 2001 01:53:51 AM
    Script:
    Referer:
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

I'd just guess that somone tried to go to an event but didn't specify one.

Comment

Another one. Per the prior thread, I may just decide to reinstall from scratch and begin again but import the user, forum and post data. This is really annoying me but I'm not sure what else I can do...

The latest one:

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT startdate,enddate,title,pagetext
      FROM announcement
      WHERE startdate<=991522859 AND enddate>=991522859
      AND forumid=
      ORDER BY startdate DESC
      LIMIT 1
      mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ORDER BY startdate DESC
      LIMIT 1' at line 5 mysql error number: 1064
      Date: Saturday 02nd of June 2001 06:00:59 PM
      Script:
      Referer:

Comment

Same thing basically.

Comment

Ed - thanks for your help (the sort is an automatic function though, not user based). What would be the easiest way to reinstall vb and retain the user data, posts, and forums? I looked at the backup but want to be sure to do this properly. Using mysql commands manually would be a REAL pain... thanks again.

Yet another, more of the same. I don't know what is going on...nothing has changed..

Date: Saturday 02nd of June 2001 07:27:35 PM
          Script:
          Referer:
          Last edited by slinky; Sat 2 Jun '01, 5:31pm.

Comment

I wouldn't jump to doing a reinstall so fast. I was able to recreate your first error by just dropping the event number off the end of the URL created by the calendar - that could very easily happen if someone sends a URL but a program chops it up, etc.

I'd wait and see if these errors continue or if they are just sporadic (like every few days). Assuming they are sporadic I'd say nothing's wrong.

Comment

Everything solved -- problem: notepad/wordpad will screw up your text files for no reason by stripping the the returns (which create spaces) and you'll have php code that may appear concatenated. You won't realize this until you try to open up the file in notepad again and everything will appear like one long file that you need to use the fit to window option.

Thanks guys... everything is running smooooooth as usual.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X