Forum all messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum all messed up

Hi all, my forum was running fine for the past few weeks and then all of a sudden it's real slow and I'm getting error messages.
    Here is the error messge itself when I clicked on "view source" :

<br>
    <b>Warning</b>: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111)
    in <b>/home/tforum/public_html/admin/db_mysql.php</b> on line <b>39</b><br>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin: Link-ID == false, connect failed
    mysql error:
    mysql error number:
    Date: Friday 01st of June 2001 10:36:16 PM
    Script: /index.php
    Referer: http://www.ticklingforum.com/
    -->
    </td></tr></table>
    <p>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p>

Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks

P

That usually means MySQL is down. The best you can do is notify your host and have them bring it back up.

Comment

The server had a critical CPU overload that caused everything to completely stop. Rebooting without MySQL running appeared to correct the problem.

They think it was a php script that was eating up all the resources. I need to telenet in and fix it, but I don't know what the problem is or if I do find it how to fix it. Any ideas anyone? Thanks

P

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X