Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

force disable vbcode

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • force disable vbcode

    how do i force disable vbcode for my all users?

  • #2
    I dont think you can do it for all the users, but I know you can do it for certain forums

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ghlight=update

      See my post.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by freddie
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ghlight=update

        See my post.
        tried to enter this command via telnet:

        UPDATE user SET options=options+8 WHERE NOT(options&8)

        but error occurs and says:

        bash: syntax error near unexpected token `NOT(o'

        what is wrong?

        Comment


        • #5
          Um you tried to enter it on the command line. You have to run 'mysql' first and then 'use database' where database is the name of your database.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by freddie
            Um you tried to enter it on the command line. You have to run 'mysql' first and then 'use database' where database is the name of your database.
            how do i run mysql? what are the step by step processes? thanks in advance.

            Comment


            • #7
              mysql -uUSERNAME -p DATABASENAME
              hit enter, type your password

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tubedogg
                mysql -uUSERNAME -p DATABASENAME
                hit enter, type your password
                ok ive done it. but after entering the UPDATE command, nothing happened. how do i confirm the update that has been done?

                Comment


                • #9
                  What exactly do you mean by "nothing happened"? Did it just sit there and not do anything, or did it give an error, or...?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tubedogg
                    What exactly do you mean by "nothing happened"? Did it just sit there and not do anything, or did it give an error, or...?
                    just returned a >

                    how do i confirm if i have logged onto my mqSQL server btw? is that when this mesg appears: Possible variables for option... blah blah blah
                    Last edited by DetonatorX; Sat 2 Jun '01, 6:48pm.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Query should be:

                      UPDATE user SET options=options+8 WHERE NOT(options&8);

                      (small technicality)

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X