• Show
Clear All

• mubarmej
    replied
    COPPA users are all moderated

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is very strange freddie. This obviously works for some people but not others.

How do I know that my email notices are working or not? I would like some way of verifying this. On my old UBB board I would get error messages if anything bounced, but this doesn't happen with vB.

By the way, I edited the thread title of the affected message so it no longer has the problem. One thing I just remembered about this message was that it was in my Moderate queue prior to posting. This itself was strange since I don't have this forum set up for moderating posts.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Assuming you did it when you posted the message as of now I have received nothing from your forums and you can verify my email address @chins-n-quills.com (and it is working).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Thanks freddie. I can't believe I didn't think of doing a test of my own. As you suspected the test worked out fine. It appears that the affected thread was a fluke for some reason.

As for your registration not going through, this one has me puzzled since I get about 4-8 new registrations a day, including 3 more this morning. I'm going to have the system send you your validation and password again. Hopefully this will work. Please let me know if it doesn't. This may explain why some of my members haven't confirmed their registrations yet.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Mon 4 Jun '01, 10:43am.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Looking at the source of the page you will see "see" which leads me to believe that the user typed in (or copied) " in their title. Did you do a test of your own using " to verify this problem? I registered at your forum but it failed to send me an activiation email and then I asked for my password and it failed to send me that also.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Here's the entry in the threadid:

Opticianary By The & amp;quot;see& amp;quot;
    [I added a space between the '&' and 'amp' so it would display properly.]

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Thanks guys. Here's the link to the forum and thread in question. I'm off to phpMyAdmin to look up that particualt thread now.

http://www.optiboard.com/forums/foru...p?s=&forumid=4

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    When a title is saved to the database it is sent through htmlspecialchars() which would convert " to ". When the title is displayed back nothing is done to it so that " that is in the database would be displayed as ". Can you look at the entry in the database for that thread and verify that it contains " or actually something like ".
    Last edited by Freddie Bingham; Mon 4 Jun '01, 9:26am.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Couldn't reproduce this...

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    ...and again.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    *polite bump*

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    started a topic Problem with quotation marks in threas title

Problem with quotation marks in threas title

Running vB 2.0.0. When a member posts a message with quotation marks in the thread title they get & quot (without the space) instead of ". (See attached image.)

How do I fix this?
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Sat 2 Jun '01, 12:39pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X