Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dahamsta
    replied
    I tried editing newreply.php and newthread.php, but having looked at it again it seems to be affecting output, maybe I need to trim() the data coming from the database or summat? With laziness in mind, when's 2.0.1 coming out?

Again, thanks Ed.

adam

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    You just have to edit vB's code to trim() the message.

Or wait until 2.0.1.

Leave a comment:

• dahamsta
    replied
    Bugger anyway. Do you know of any workarounds Ed?

(On the server side I mean, I'd prefer to avoid hacking vBulletin if it's going to break functionality.)

Thanks,
    adam
    Last edited by dahamsta; Fri 1 Jun '01, 8:46am.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    Backend -- RH7 has problems (adds \n to variables) with forms with a multipart/form-data enctype (for attachments)

Leave a comment:

• dahamsta
    replied
    Frontend or backend Ed? The site itself is running on Red Hat 7.0, but I'm using W2K as my client.

Cheers,
    adam

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sullivan
    replied
    I'm guessing you're on RH7. If so, it's actually your OS adding an extra \n to the posts.

Leave a comment:

• dahamsta
    started a topic Extra BR tag in posts

Extra BR tag in posts

I seem to be getting an extra HTML line break in posts with a title for some reason. I though it might be a general thing with vBulletin, but it doesn't seem to apply here - anyone know why? Here's an example thread:

http://phootball.com/showthread.php?threadid=3

I've only edited the top two tempates (the home page) so far, so that shouldn't affect it.

Cheers,
    adam

PS. Forgot to mention, I tried looking through the templates, but the tag doesn't appear to be in what seems to be the appropriate one (postbits?). Or have I the wrong template?