Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The board just emailed me this MySQL Error????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The board just emailed me this MySQL Error????

What gives here? The board just emailed me this! This worries me. Should I be? I am a new user. Clean install with V2.0. In fact, the board is working fine right now....

vBulletin (forum) Database error!

Database error in vBulletin: cannot use database hardgainer
    mysql error: Unknown database 'hardgainer'
    mysql error number: 1049
    Date: Tuesday 29th of May 2001 05:37:51 PM
    Script: /forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=63
    Referer: http://www.hardgainer.com/forums/memberlist.php

If you get that consistently you should probably email your host to see if they were doing any maintenance.

Comment

Need additional information

I am the Host... Everything else is working great but that.... What is the problem?

Comment

Look at the date of the original message. I doubt this is a current issue anymore.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Same Issue

I am having the same problem and have not seen any real resolution to the problem.....

I am the one that needs help.

Comment

Post the exact error message you're getting.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Re: Same Issue

Originally posted by lawnmowerman
              I am having the same problem and have not seen any real resolution to the problem.....

I am the one that needs help.
              post the exact error messages and do you have any backup scripts for mysql running at the time of these messages ?
              :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
              :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Same error here...

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.2.5:

Invalid SQL: SELECT userid
                FROM user
                WHERE username='Xellos'
                AND userid <>
                mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 4

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Tuesday 30th of April 2002 11:34:52 AM
                Script: http://ether.vaems.com/forums
                Referer: http://ether.vaems.com/forums/admin/...=edit&userid=3
                This is the error message I am getting, something similar, but not the same.... any ideas? I haven't been able to fix it.
                To be updated...

Comment

Have you tried running repair.php? If so, what did it report?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I did some searching.... I just changed back to PHP 4.1.2 and that solved the problem... should have just searched before berting out with a problem....

I did the repair thing and it came back ok. After I installed or should say demoted PHP, everything is fine now.

Thanks!
                    To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF
                      I did some searching.... I just changed back to PHP 4.1.2 and that solved the problem... should have just searched before berting out with a problem....

I did the repair thing and it came back ok. After I installed or should say demoted PHP, everything is fine now.

Thanks!
                      yours is a different issue from jucs

glad you got it to work...
                      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Error

This is the error;

Database error in vBulletin :

cannot use database wassellforum
                        mysql error: Unknown database 'wassellforum'

mysql error number: 1049

Date: Wednesday 24th of April 2002 08:38:55 PM
                        Script: /vblite/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6
                        Referer:

It was working fine and then out of the blue--- this...

It happens when someone registers and receives the email, when they click on the link they get the standard "a problem has occured with the database, an email has been sent ..... etc..."

I then receive this email...

Thoughts??

I did run repair and everything came up ok.

Comment

Ok, I'm confused. I don't think there's a member.php file in vB Lite:

Script: /vblite/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6
                          At any rate the message is pretty clear. MySql can't find a database named ''wassellforum'. Check your config.php file and make sure you're using the correct dbname. If you're sure that this is correct, post a link to your phpinfo.php file.
                          Last edited by Steve Machol; Wed 1 May '02, 4:52pm.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

error

That is the funny thing... I used vblite before, then bought the full version. I had everything working great and then bam...

My database is called pbr, in my config file it says pbr, why does it come up with wassellforum??

everything else works fine??

Comment

Hmmm...this doesn't make sense. Try reuploading a fresh copy of member.php.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X