Adding a message to Login Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a message to Login Screen

I desperately need to add a message to the three login messages presented when someone logs in and is denied access (I need to add a message that says the forum is currently locked down to one member class only to prevent an on-slaught of e-mails when I have to do it.).

I cannot find documentation of where/how to do this and can't find it in the code (.php) anywhere. I assume this information is in the template table maybe?

I have a background in UBB but this VBB stuff is totally new to me. Where can I goto lear/read more? I don't know anything really about MySQL or PHP (or even what it does really). I do know MS SQL if that helps. I am not a FT web developer.

This board is so different from UBB that I fear the learning curve is going to be much steeper than I had first imagined.

Is there an easy series of steps someone would be kind enough to document for me to head me in the right direction? I just need a push. I really don't even know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any assistance any of you might be willing to provide.

You can edit your templates via the CP.

I believe the template you should be looking for is error_nopermission ("you aren't logged in or don't have permission"). Not sure what 3 messages you are talking about though.

Comment

Thanks Ed. That was the right area. There's a WEALTH of things available in those templates. I'd never even expanded them before (thought default was just that ONE! LOL).

Where can I go to learn more about the layout of VBB and how it all ties together or is it basically a hack-at-it type thing?

Thanks again. You definately solved my semi-emergency.

Comment

See the manual and the template reference (latter is in the members' area).

Comment

Thank you so much Ed. Great product. we are very happy with our new choice.

Headed to the members-only access area to get the templates' reference material now.

Comment

Working...
          X