How do I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I?

First I would like to thank those that give answers so fast you are a great bunch of people here at this board!!

Now to my problem, On my dboard I don't have the little buttons like the ones at the top of this one (user cp, register, calendar, members... etc) And I also don't know how to put more links to pages in like at the bottom of this one.. (Home, Features, Download, purchase.... etc).. I am wondering if I messed something up on the install? I don't have the fogiest clue how to use the templates and can't find a page that explains them well (is there one??)

Thanks for any instructions and advice!!

Cashpath

What version are you running and what's the URL to your board?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

2.0.0 the new released one..

http://www.myfortunebusiness.com/dboard

Comment

looks like you're running RC1. I would download the latest version (final release / gold / whatever) from the member's area. The top nav buttons are present in the default templates in vB. I would revert the header template and the forumhome template.

Comment

The template reference is available as a PDF file in the Member's Area as well. Look under support/reference.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Jake, he's not - I checked his memberlist, which changed in the final, and he's definitely running Final.

Cashpath, run this query via phpMyAdmin or Telnet:

UPDATE setting SET value='2.0.0' WHERE varname='templateversion'

then go into your Admin CP > Options, and go to the bottom of the page and hit Submit (you don't need to change anything). That should fix it so your version is correct.

Comment

i'm curious... what would cause the version number not to be updated during an upgrade?

Comment

The version number update is the final step in all the upgrade scripts... it would only not be updated if that step was skipped or otherwise missed out.

Comment

thanks for the help guys
                  Last edited by Cashpath; Tue 29 May '01, 10:04am.

Comment

Working...
                  X