Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending passowrd by mail problem

Hello,
    After I upgraded to vb2.0.0 , from the control panel I can not send a users password to his email any more:
    I click on email password and I get the message that say password has been sent, but the user never receive it,I tryed emailing my password and got the same problem.
    But if new users register they get an email regarding validating the account with no problems.
    The problem is only for emailing password from the control panel,
    Can any one help me solving this problem?

Thank you very much

Similar Problem

I too have a problem very similar to this. the registeration email is only sent out sometimes. Some people are left waiting for their confirmation email indefinitely.

Any clues?

Comment

Re: Similar Problem

Originally posted by NetBloke
      I too have a problem very similar to this. the registeration email is only sent out sometimes. Some people are left waiting for their confirmation email indefinitely.

Any clues?
      Upgrade to version 2.2.2:

ChangeLog: Fixed Activation-Email Error and Incorrect Activation Password thingy ..

Comment

That is the version I am using!

Comment

Originally posted by NetBloke
          That is the version I am using!

I upgraded to vb2.0.0
          Then mention it

Then I do not know, sorry.

Comment

That was actually the orginator of this thread. Sorry I didn't mention I use 2.2.2

Comment

You can no longer email the user their password. I'm not sure why it still says you can but with 2.2.0 and above they are encrypted in the database so you cannot email them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X