X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• content integration

Here is a tough one.

On my site I have many articles.

I would like to use vBulletin to display these articles and allow my readers to comment on the articles, but with the following rules:
    • The article itself can contain HTML
    • The replies to the article cannot contain HTML
    • The users cannot create new thread, but only reply to existing threads (articles)

Has anyone done anything similiar? Is this feasible?

Not possible without hacking.

Or you could use something that's meant to be more of a true article system (*cough*mArticle*cough*)

Comment

Thanks for the reply and I'll take a close look at mArticle.

As far as hacking, I would need to create a thread that only allows the admin to post HTML, and I think I could just create a new template that doesn't provide the option for posting a new thread.

Is there anything I'm forgetting?

Comment

Is there anything I'm forgetting?
        Yes, template != code.

The HTML conversion in bbcodeparse2() is done on the fly based on your forum's properties. And besides, there is no enable/disable HTML flag AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
          Yes, template != code.

The HTML conversion in bbcodeparse2() is done on the fly based on your forum's properties. And besides, there is no enable/disable HTML flag AFAIK.
          I understand, and I'm currently thinking about leaving HTML on.

Is there a simple way to only allow admins to post new threads (but allow others to post replies)?

Comment

Yes -- in the forum permissions section, take away permission to post new threads in that forum for the usergroups other than the admin's.

However whoever replies will still be able to use HTML.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X