"Merge" or "Link" threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Merge" or "Link" threads

I'm wondering if this is possible. I have two separate threads in two forums, A and P, that contain the exact same post text. The difference is that the post in forum P has a poll on top of the text. I would like to keep the main post in A but have replies directed to the thread in forum P. Is there a feature or is this possible?

Another idea is to lock the thread and have a URL linking to the forum that is the posting forum -- do you always need to have session information in the URL? Will this affect users seeking to use the URL at any point?

Thanks...
    Last edited by slinky; Mon 28th May '01, 9:32am.
    My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

I would just lock one and point to the other.

The only time session really really matters is if the user doesn't accept cookies or their cookies are doing strange things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
      I would just lock one and point to the other.

The only time session really really matters is if the user doesn't accept cookies or their cookies are doing strange things.
      Thanks -- but is there an easy way to "point" a forum to the other so that hitting the reply button sends you to the pointed forum? I'm assuming when you say point you are describing the same process I'm talking about, posting a URL to the forum.
      My law forum, lawyers and legal help site

Comment

Having the reply button point elsewhere is not possible. I just meant post a link to where they should respond.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X