How do I..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I..

Have just got v 2.0 up and running and customised to our design (took 3 days , NOT 5 minutes as someone suggested!) It's our first board ever so we're a bit naive, but think we want to:

1. Stop people using vB code, unless someone can convince me to keep it. It's just that our visitors are very seasonal and non techy, too many options will just put them off posting. I want the vB option that they see when posting to be completely removed...will this affect smilies or anything else.

2. As above but with attachments.

3. As above but with 'post a poll,' we are running our own polls.

4. As above with Rate this thread. Does anyone ever use it? Can I get rid of the option box and also the 'rating' column next to the (amount of) views column.

5. The registration process is excessively confusing for newbies, can I get rid of a lot of the options. For instance, I don't understand "Allow moderators to send you notices" particularly if they click NO. I don't think 'invisible mode' would be a good idea. "Browse board with cookies"... do people need the 'no' option? Enable private messaging we don't want this.

6. Does this forum put a thread/topic back to the top of the main page if someone reads it/replies to it?

Thanks, JD

PS What is 'automatically parse url's??

1. Each forum has a vB code option you can enable/disable. No this doesn't effect smilies.

2. Each usergroup has an can post attachments permission. or you can remove it from the newthread/newreply/editpost templates.

3. IIRC, each usergroup also has a can post poll option. Or you can just remove it from the newthread template.

4. Each forum has the rate a thread option.

5. You can get rid of some of the options by replacing them with hidden form <input> values instead of the radio boxes.

6. Yes.

7. Automatically adds [url] tags around what it thinks are URLs

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X