Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Members want to create templates for forum - possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members want to create templates for forum - possible?

I browsed through all the forums and I am not sure where this question should be placed.

A few members have asked if they could come up with templates for our forum and have the admins choose, however, if they don't have access to the vbulletin files and the admin control panel, is there any way for them to create templates for the forum?

I personally am not that fond of the idea myself, but I have been asked at least a few times by members so I thought I would at least honor the request by looking into it.

Thanks for reading!

Nope. There's no way for anyone to do this without access to the Admin CP.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well... they could create templates because after all, they are simply HTML, but unless they had knowledge of the vB system they wouldn't know the syntax or names of the many vB variables and hence getting anything meaningful displayed would be difficult.

They could create a sort of outline template for you or your teams consideration, but not install this on your forum. You never know what code may be included in any template sent to you though so you'd have to check them all before you installed them on your server. Not too sure I'd want to go down this path.
      John

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X