Saving the seetings for later use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving the seetings for later use

So now I set up my forum the way I want it, colors and all that stuff. But now I have to switch servers in a week or so, so I will need to reconfigure colors etc.. again, but is there not a way that I can store everything in a template or something so that I can save that, upload it to the other server along with my vbulletin2.0 and then just use the template so that everything looks exactly the same as it looks now ?

Thanks

Btw: I switched from tforum to vbulletin2.0, I must say, you guys have done excellent work ! It's probably the best board ever made using php!!

i did a server switch just before I upgraded to vB 2.0 beta 3. All my visuals remained exactly the same once I activated my newly transferred database. So I guess all the templates and visuals are stored in the database itself. Follow these directions in the User's Guide on this site: http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

If you have problems post here and let me know. I've done this before so I can probably help you.

Comment

Re: Saving the seetings for later use

Originally posted by azerty
      So now I set up my forum the way I want it, colors and all that stuff. But now I have to switch servers in a week or so, so I will need to reconfigure colors etc.. again, but is there not a way that I can store everything in a template or something so that I can save that, upload it to the other server along with my vbulletin2.0 and then just use the template so that everything looks exactly the same as it looks now ?

Thanks

Btw: I switched from tforum to vbulletin2.0, I must say, you guys have done excellent work ! It's probably the best board ever made using php!!
      follow http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html and your backup will have all your settings saved...

for fonts and colours you can also download the default style set from your admin control panel (which btw gets saved in your forum backup anyway)
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Working...
      X