Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK...here's a stupid question for you...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OK...here's a stupid question for you...

    In the moderators colum on forumhome and forumdisplay, it puts a comma between the moderators. I cna't figure out for the life of me how to get rid of that damn comma! If anyone can help me out here, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks
    ~Lucky13

  • #2
    It's hardcoded in index.php and forumdisplay.php.

    Comment


    • #3
      okee dokee...thanks a lot

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
        It's hardcoded in index.php and forumdisplay.php.
        Can someone elaborate where this code is that I need to change? I want to get rid of the commas and use line breaks. I want to do this with both birthdays and active users.

        Looking at this board, the same problem exists but only for birthdays. Odd...

        Help?

        Cygnus

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cygnus
          Can someone elaborate where this code is that I need to change? I want to get rid of the commas and use line breaks. I want to do this with both birthdays and active users.

          Looking at this board, the same problem exists but only for birthdays. Odd...

          Help?

          Cygnus
          Birthdays: lines 1629 and 1632 of admin/functions.php
          Active Users: line 196 of index.php

          (unhacked 2.2.9)

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MUG
            Active Users: line 196 of index.php
            Just downloaded 2.2.9. Here is line 196 of index.php:
            Code:
            eval("\$activeusers .= \", ".gettemplate('forumhome_loggedinuser')."\";");
            What needs to be changed? I have messed with this line of code (with 2.2.8) and nothing seems to change anything.
            Birthdays: lines 1629 and 1632 of admin/functions.php
            Tried to change the ',' to '<br>' on both lines. No change on the home page.

            Any other thoughts?

            By the way... this is all happening on 2.2.8 (though it has been the case as long as I can remember) and can be seen here: http://boards.survivoraddicts.com/index.php

            Thanks!
            Cygnus

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cygnus
              Just downloaded 2.2.9. Here is line 196 of index.php:
              Code:
              eval("\$activeusers .= \", ".gettemplate('forumhome_loggedinuser')."\";");
              What needs to be changed? I have messed with this line of code (with 2.2.8) and nothing seems to change anything.
              Change it to:
              Code:
              eval("\$activeusers .= \"<br>".gettemplate('forumhome_loggedinuser')."\";");
              Originally posted by Cygnus
              Just downloaded 2.2.9. Here is line 196 of index.php:
              [code]Tried to change the ',' to '<br>' on both lines. No change on the home page.

              Any other thoughts?

              By the way... this is all happening on 2.2.8 (though it has been the case as long as I can remember) and can be seen here: http://boards.survivoraddicts.com/index.php

              Thanks!
              Cygnus
              Run this query:
              DELETE FROM template WHERE title='birthdays'

              vB caches the birthday info in the template table.
              Last edited by MUG; Mon 30th Dec '02, 3:11pm.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MUG
                Change it to:
                Code:
                eval("\$activeusers .= \"<br>".gettemplate('forumhome_loggedinuser')."\";");


                That gave me a parse error

                Run this query:
                DELETE FROM template WHERE title='birthdays'

                vB caches the birthday info in the template table.
                Got that straightened out and it now puts a line break between them. Just need to do the same with the active users and you'll have me all fixed up.

                Cygnus

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cygnus

                  That gave me a parse error
                  Grr... stupid vB3. It removed the extra \ I put there. One sec...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    eval("\$activeusers .= \"<br>".gettemplate('forumhome_loggedinuser')."\";");

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by MUG
                      eval("\$activeusers .= \"<br>".gettemplate('forumhome_loggedinuser')."\";");
                      You are the MAN! Thanks a ton!

                      Cygnus

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X