Problem mass emailing users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem mass emailing users

I used to have to limit how many I send at once, but now I seem to just get a 404 when I try to send a mass email. Any idea what this could be about? The test emails work fine. Some emails are indeed being sent, because I received one myself, but since I get a 404, there is no way to tell how many went out. That figures! I go blabbing about how reliable and trouble free my board is, now this! GRRRR!!!
    The Grey Area - Tweaking Obsession

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121 Try this.

Comment

I'm running Windows Server 2003.

Comment

Have your tried sending in smaller batches? It looks like the server may be timing out.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, I get a 404 no matter what. When it used to time out, sending too many at once, I did still get a completion page. Now I'm not even getting that for some reason. I upgraded to 2003 recently, but everything else works fine. It's just the mass email that doesn't work, apparently.

Hmmmm, ok...I just tried setting it really low, at 10. And it's working. Why would it be timing out so fast? I don't use the mass emailer very often, but once upon a time, I could send them at the default 500.

Actually, it got to page 5, then I got some errors. Maybe this will help figure this out? They all say this...

PHP Warning: Server Error in C:\TGA\admin\functions.php on line 54

Hell, I'm beginning to wonder if I don't have some bad RAM.

This is what's on line 54:

Code:
          mail($toemail, $subject, $message, trim($headers));
          Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 17th Apr '06, 3:45pm.

Comment

No matter what? Even one at a time? If so then there is something seriously wrong with this server. Not sure what we can recommend to fix this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Have you tried checking your php error logs? How is php installed at the moment? CGI/FCGI? ISAPI FilteR?

Comment

Ok, this may sound stupid, but I don't know where the PHP error logs are. It's running as an ISAPI filter. Logging is set in the php.ini, but I don't see any logs anywhere.
                Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 17th Apr '06, 3:52pm.

Comment

You'd have to check your php.ini file for where you setup to log php errors.

Comment

There's no path. It only says "log_errors=1", so I assume that would be the default path? Or maybe it never logged because I didn't set a path?

Comment

Possibly, I've got a differnt setup, I'm using apache so my errors are loged to apaches error log I believe.

You can try eanbling loggin and a path to the file so it will start.

Comment

Strange that I get that error only after page 5, and then it's every page. Ok, I am indeed logging error now, but it says the same as what I posted above.

PHP Warning: Server Error in C:\TGA\admin\functions.php on line 54

Comment

Whats on line 54 of functions.php?

Comment

I'm about to compare it to the original, but it's

Code:

mail($toemail, $subject, $message, trim($headers));
                            See anything wrong with it?

Ok, I just checked the original There is only one small change on mine, and it's way down on line 309.
                            Last edited by SloppyGoat; Mon 17th Apr '06, 4:16pm.

Comment

What version of vbulletin are you running right now?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X