No announcement yet.

Copy board & reset...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the style I just downloaded... And what permissions problem do you think I am having? MySQL or IIS? Could it be a problem with the board I am getting the style from, or the one I am trying to upload to?

Comment

An invalid style file error under windows is almost always due to an incorrectly configured upload_tmp_dir in your /winnt/php.ini file. Check that the path exists and is valid (C:/temp/ is the usual path to use for windows)

Comment

I am still having trouble. I played with php.ini and still no luck... If you want I can give you CP, FTP, phpmyadmin, or terminal services access...

Comment

I really need help with this! This is one of the determining factors if I am going to get another license (site).

Comment

Well all of your issues are upload related so that leads me to believe that there's a permission/setting error on your server.

For example, if you analyze the style uploading code:
            Code:
              if ($safeupload) {
                if (function_exists("is_uploaded_file")) {
                  $path = "$tmppath/$stlyefile_name";
                  if (is_uploaded_file($stylefile)) {
                    if (move_uploaded_file($stylefile, "$path")) {
                      $stylefile = $path;
                    }
                  }
                }
              }
              $styletext=readfromfile($stylefile);
              @unlink($stylefile);

if (trim($styletext)=="") {
                echo "<p>Invalid style file!</p>";
                exit;
              }
            I assume that you don't have safe upload on, so the only really pertinent lines are the readfromfile() line and the "invalid style file" if block.

Then, if you cross-reference readfromfile():
            Code:
            // ###################### Start readfromfile #######################
            function readfromfile ($path) {
            // returns all data in $path, or nothing if it does not exist

if(file_exists($path)==0) {
                return "";
              } else {
                $filesize=filesize($path);

$filenum=fopen($path,"r");

$filestuff=fread($filenum,$filesize);

fclose($filenum);

return $filestuff;
              }

}
            You'll see that just simply opens the file, reads it into $filestuff, closes it and returns $filestuff. The other part checks if the file doesn't exist and returns an empty string. Sounds like that's the case (file not found), which brings it back to the file uploading not happening correctly, which is a PHP issue not vB.

Comment

Could this be the same issue I am having with the avatars? I dont know what to do with PHP, where should I ask for help...??? There is no way one of you will take a look at it?

Comment

If it has to do with uploading, then yes it'd be the same issue with avatars. And attachments.

BTW, have you tried uploading the style via FTP and then using the second style import option (import from local file)?

Comment

Yes I have, I get the same error: Invalid style! Why? Does that mean it is defaintly a problem with PHP?

Comment

It means you either misspecified the filename or PHP doesn't have permission to read the file you're trying to get it to read.

And actually, the latter should produce a warning message.

Comment

Here is my php.ini file...

Comment

upload_tmp_dir = c:\php\uploadtemp
                        There's your problem right there -- it should be c:/php/uploadtemp/ instead.

Comment

changed, but still no luck. Avatars, attachments, & styles still dont work... Do I have to restart and services for the changes to take affect?

Comment

Most likely, yes. You can confirm if it's changed or not by looking at your phpinfo() output.

Comment

I rebooted my entire server and it still doesnt work...

Comment

And that directory does exist correct?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X