Copy board & reset...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy board & reset...

I am going to be buying more vB licenses. I was wondering if there is a way to copy an existing board and reset the users, posts,etc. Mainly because I want the other sites to have to same format and hacks, and it would take way too much time and work to get them the same.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Joshs; Thu 31 May '01, 3:49pm.

Use the style uploading and download routines that are built in.

Comment

huh... sorry, you lost me

Comment

Me too. I'm now beginning work on tailoring my VB - when I'm finished I'd like to totally blow away all the users and posts and reimport them from my UBB. I need all settings, templates, etc retained.

For the moment I made a backup of my empty VB and, worst case, if I can find out the databases used for members/posts/forums then I'll simply dump the empty ones on top and hope to heck everything else is fine?

Comment

Basically I need to keep the database and files and just wipe out the users, ets...

Comment

What makes up a custom layout? Replacement variables and templates (also called a style) and images.

Well, vB doesn't do anything with the images so you'll have to transfer them with FTP.

But you can download and upload styles to your heart's content in the CP, style section.

Comment

Ah, I see!

Comment

Bid, problem. I have tried this numerous times, no luck... I download it, and try to upload it and I get an invalid style error. I copy it and try to upload it and get the same error. While downloading it some times it is way to small. It wont update or work...

Also, when downloading a style, does it pull all of this information from the database? Like custom templates, edited templates, colors, etc...??? The file is pretty small and it wont work...

I am trying to do this on a test board so I can make sure it works. I will purchase another license by the time we open it.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Same Here

I get the same error when I try to re-import the .style file.

Anyone have a workaround? I'm getting nervous!!

Comment

It could be a small bug...

Comment

I have imported 2 style sets, both on a fresh install, and an upgrade, i have had no problems updating my style sets...
                      Bike Forums.net

Comment

I dont know what is going on. I tried on by test board also, same problem...

Comment

^

Comment

Night bump... I really need help with this!

Comment

Can you post the .stlye file that you are having problems with here please.

From the sounds of your recent posts, you have some sort of permissions problems on your new server, as that would be causing all your problems with uploading and reading in other files.

John
                              John Percival

Artificial intelligence usually beats real stupidity ;)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X