• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it works thanks
    My FFXI Linkshell Website
    - http://www.stealthvertigo.com

Comment

I'm about to install it.. but I just wanted to let youknwo this is a nice hack... will certainly save me the trouble of resending them manually. Thanks!
      ::Typhon::
      www.realmworx.com

Comment

Installed the hack. Went to test it, "clicked here" to resend it and got a 404

Any ideas?

dd

Comment

do the same as kdog316: revert and re-apply...

You probably did something wrong...

btw: Since I installed this hack I never got one of those emails again, so it definitely helps

Comment

DUH!

I didn't change the file extensions to .php3...

dd

Comment

possible problems???

Hello again,

I think this hack may have caused some problems with links on showthread pages such as this:
              http://forums.dreamsweb.net/showthre...s=&threadid=12

Notice the "general forums" and "Sales Questions" links at top. The refer to .php33 pages.

Anyone who has installed this hack please check to see if you are having the same problem.

Thankx

dd

Comment

No Problems...

DUH! AGAIN... I need some sleep.

Okay, As in my post earlier. I forgot to rename all file extensions to .php3

I am usually very careful when doing so while using Note Tab Lite. Having said that, I rename all to .php33

All is not my fault as that was the first thing I thought of to check, but the program's search feature did not find them. I had to locate them all myself. Only about nine or so.

I will now reinstall Note Tab Lite....

Mods, please delete my post here today

dd

Comment

Wow, didn't see this til now. Very useful Mas*Mind, I will install it shortly. Even after adding additional lines to the normal error template I still get mail daily about stuff like this. Great little hack!

Comment

Glad y'all like it

I slightly changed the error_nopermission_awaiting_moderation -template to make it even more clear:

PHP Code:
                    You have recently registered at $bbtitle but not yet activated your account
                    You can find the link to activate your account in your welcome-email
                    If 
                    you didn't received the activation-email or you've allready deleted it, <a href="register.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=requestemail&email=$bbuserinfo[email]">click here</ato resend it to you're email-adress ($bbuserinfo[email]). 
                    If you still don'
                    t receive it thenyou probably have entered an incorrect addresyou can correct it by editing your <a href="member.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=editprofile">profile</a>.

<
                    p align="center">
                    <
                    table border="0" bgcolor="#555576" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" align="center">
                    $logincode
                    </table>
                    </
                    p>

<
                    p><smallfont><a href="member.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=lostpw">Forgotten your password?</a></smallfont
                    then change

<input type="text" class="bginput" name="email" size="35" maxlength="90">

to

<input type="text" class="bginput" name="email" size="35" maxlength="90" value="$email">

in your activate_requestemail-template

Comment

I have to say that I like your hack too. Good Job
                      Bid For Power - Bid For Power Forums
                      =======================
                      Anime Academy - Anime Academy Forums

Comment

great one!

this one must be in 2.1 - no doubt!
                        Last edited by robertusss; Sun 10th Jun '01, 9:09am.

Comment

Thanks Mas! Was thinking of pouring through the code to get something like this to work, but you've done everything already!

Great stuff.

Comment

Just installed it... works like a charm and (my oppinion) is a very helpful thing for User awaiting Email Confirmation. :-)
                            Greetz Alex
                            Spasschat-Team - the best chat, you've ever seen :)

Comment

I have taken the liberty of re-wording the new template, as well as adding a new part to it. The re-wording was done to improve the English a bit (and that is not said to be critical). I added a line to say that maybe the user supplied the wrong address, and should contact the webmaster if he/she still does not get the activation email.

PHP Code:
                              You have recently registered at $bbtitlebut have not yet activated your accountYou can find the link to activate your account in your welcome-email.

<
                              p align="center">
                              <
                              table border="0" bgcolor="#555576" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" align="center">
                              $logincode
                              </table>
                              </
                              p>

<
                              p><smallfont>If you haven't received the activation email, <a href="register.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=requestemail">click here</a> and it will be resent. If you still do not receive the activation email, you may have mistyped your email address. If you suspect you used the incorrect email address, please contact the <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Webmaster</a>. <a href="member.php?s=$session[sessionhash]&action=lostpw">Forgotten your password?</a> 
                              Does anyone know the variable to use for the webmaster email, rather than hard-coding it as I have done?
                              -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
                              JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

great hack!

Thanks Mas*Mind, great hack!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X