attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attachments

so when i upgraded to vb 2 gold, all attachments posted before i upgraded dissapeared. went in and the attachment table was corrupt - fixed it.
    now all of the attachments are the wrong attachments! its REALLY bad, sort of funny in a way, but bad.
    how can i fix this and why did it do that?

????

Comment

Well what *probably* happend was some of the attachment keys (indexes) were corrupt, so MySQL deleted them and rebuilt them (which it should do when you do a isamchk -r). However, when it recreated those attachment keys, it probably assigned the incorrect attachmentid, and this is how a post and it's attachment are linked together.

This isn't something easy to fix, but if you run these queries it should give you are list that you can check:

Code:
      select attachmentid,postid,userid from post where attachmentid<>0;
      select attachmentid,userid from attachment;
      Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: attachments

Originally posted by brookelyn
        REALLY bad, sort of funny in a way, but bad.
        I'm sorry but I had to chuckle at this.... I once imported threads from one vB board to another, and some of the posts were assigned to the wrong forum.... in particular, all the pet related threads where placed in the romance and sex forum! I can just image how having some attachments in the wrong place could be just as funny

Comment

Re: Re: attachments

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle at this.... I once imported threads from one vB board to another, and some of the posts were assigned to the wrong forum.... in particular, all the pet related threads where placed in the romance and sex forum! I can just image how having some attachments in the wrong place could be just as funny
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Working...
          X