Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An easy way to save loads of bandwidth ( Font tags >> Style Sheets )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loyalty4Life
    replied
    fasd s
    Last edited by Loyalty4Life; Fri 31st Dec '04, 12:02am.

Leave a comment:

• Tradjick
    replied
    quellcode == sourcecode

Leave a comment:

• hollyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by frage
    yes
    you can't apply the trick to vb3,
    take a look at the quellcode and you will have the answer

have a nice time
    frage
    quellcode?

Leave a comment:

• frage
    replied
    Originally posted by hollyboy
    How can I apply the tip written in the 1st post to my vb3?
    I think the tip was posted originally for vb2 right?
    yes
    you can't apply the trick to vb3,
    take a look at the quellcode and you will have the answer

have a nice time
    frage

Leave a comment:

• Tradjick
    replied
    I didnĀ“t succeed in doing this. Did someone do this on vB. 3.0.3?

Leave a comment:

• hollyboy
    replied
    How can I apply the tip written in the 1st post to my vb3?
    I think the tip was posted originally for vb2 right?

Leave a comment:

• Neocorteqz
    replied
    Originally posted by fiber
    If this still a viable trick for VB 3.0.3?

I would really like to know if it is!

Thanks,

Fiber
    ALthough I'm sure it has most likely been implimented, I too would like to know, and how for vBull 3.0.3 if it has not been implimented yet.

Leave a comment:

• fiber
    replied
    If this still a viable trick for VB 3.0.3?

I would really like to know if it is!

Thanks,

Fiber

Leave a comment:

• Polinco
    replied
    Originally posted by OGT
    seems that all images are down atm.
    The images are up. They WERE down at one time because of a hard drive crash. But they are up now. save the page when you come back again.

Pointers have been given throughout this article especially on the first page and again on this page. Please read it all.
    Last edited by Polinco; Mon 15th Mar '04, 1:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• OGT
    replied
    seems that all images are down atm. would like to make this change but i don't want to ruina nything. any anyone host hte images or simply give a pointer to where htis editting is being done at?

Leave a comment:

• Polinco
    replied
    Refreshed hence bumped, for image update.
    Old server was down which resulted in missing images, Thanks to Vampier for showing this to me (probably unintentional )

Leave a comment:

• Polinco
    replied
    Looks like you did make a mistake

I'm afraid you did make a mistake Danny and no, this is not a bogus thread or I wouldn't have bothered putting up the missing images from the first post.

Kier said:
    Let's get rid of all that superfluous information, and simply replace it with a CSS style definition
    It looks like you did take that quite literally and went ahead and physically deleted the <normalfont> and the <smallfont> tags from all the templates.
    These tags are dynamic pseudo html and will be replaced during the rendering of the pages in the browser with real html like so:

For smallfont: <font face="Verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size = "2" color = "#xxxxxx"> (whatever color you had set in the admin page)

and normalfont: <font face="Verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif" size = "3" color = "#xxxxxx">

If you had specified the stylesheet version as shown in the images then the tags <smallfont></smallfont> and <normalfont></normalfont> would have been replaced after rendering with: class = "sf" and class = "nf" respectively, thus significantly reducing the amount of text that would need to be loaded from the server every time a page is requested by the browser.

The first image Kier placed in his opening post most likely was the same as my first image the difference being that his image showed the first three fields containing the font face, the font size and the font color and nothing in the class field. What he alluded to when he suggested to get rid of all this superfluous data was the emptying of those three fields and replace them with the simple 2 character sf or nf in the class field of that picture and the addition of the two class declarations in the style sheet which is why he included that stylesheet segment in his post. So, with that knowledge you should be able to get that right although I am afraid you will have to either manually repair the templates you mutilated or reinstall your Vbulletin.

Best of luck.

Pol
    Last edited by Polinco; Mon 26th May '03, 4:31am.

Leave a comment:

• DannyITR
    replied
    DannyITR...

I think you might have messed up your templates... There was no need to do a 'search and replace' at all.

By changing the <normalfont>, <smallfont> and <largefont> declarations in the html templates to read <font class= you curtailed the functionality of the vbulletin php software. It already automatically converted the contents of those tags to what is defined in your css header before. Now you have hardcoded plain html in those places where there was dynamic html before.

If ever you decided to use the html version of the font tags you would have to reinstate all of them manually now.

In the picture attached you can see where you would specify the font face, size and color. But when you specify a style sheet class just leave them blank and the VB software will take care of your style as you have already provided that in your header.

regards.

Thanks for responding. I don't understand though. I did exactly what Kier told me to do in the first post of this thread. Are you saying this whole thread is bogus or did I make some kind of mistake?

Leave a comment:

• Bane
    replied
    Originally posted by Sun Boy
    is it avaleble in 2.3.0 ?
    Yes it is, follow the directions above.

Leave a comment:

• Sun Boy
    replied
    is it avaleble in 2.3.0 ?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X