Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Members registering with the same IP, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members registering with the same IP, possible?

Is it possible for two different members to register with the same IP? How can I achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. In fact there is nothing to stop this and does not require anything to activate.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes, they could be behind a proxy, or at a college or school, or even two people in the same household.

Comment

I guess I should have clarified, I would like two memebers from the same IP address to join my forum. They are father and son and the son has an account but the father cant register. I guess they are using the same computer so should the son log out and clear his cookies so his father can create an account on the same PC? I think I answered my own question.

Comment

There is no restriction in vB from more than one person registering from the same IP.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X