importing ubb 6.04e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importing ubb 6.04e

I installed a clean copy of vbulletin 2.0 gold. I then ran the ubb 6 import script. Everything went very smoothly...The only problem I have, no posts are showing up. All forums show 0 totals yet the total topics and posts seem correct on the upper left of the main screen?

At the end of the import I did run the rebuild search index, update thread info, update forum info, and update users info, in that order?

Thanks in advance

Run these two queries:
    Code:
    UPDATE post SET visible='1';
    UPDATE thread SET visible='1';

Comment

How would I run those please. I'm a quick learner...I think

Comment

The easiest way (if you have Telnet/SSH access) would be to log in and then start MySQL: "mysql -uusername -p databasename". This will give you a "mysql>" prompt where you can run those two queries.

Comment

I received the following message:

UPDATE post SET visible='1';
          1146: Table 'mysql.post' doesn't exist
          UPDATE thread SET visible='1';
          1146: Table 'mysql.thread' doesn't exist

Comment

You used the wrong database name. Look in your admin/config.php file for the database name. Then enter that on the command line I gave you. Or, if your database is called "forum" you can use this command from the MySQL prompt: "use forum;" before the two queries I gave you.

Comment

Sorry, here's the next message

Database changed
              mysql> UPDATE post SET visible='1';
              Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.12 sec)
              Rows matched: 6170 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE thread SET visible='1';
              Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
              Rows matched: 734 Changed: 0 Warnings: 0

Comment

Ok it looks like they were already all set as visible.... can I have the URL of your board to take a look?

Comment

I've run the update counter in the order you gave me with no success. Has anyone imported a ubb 6.04e into the vb 2.0.0...

Thanks

Comment

I tried to do the import of ubb 6.04e again, this time I chose to use the current forum styles which would be MyUbb all seemed to go well untill the moderator import moderators, I received the following error

Moderators Imported Sucessfully.

Updating access permissions for moderators to private forums

Updating Moderator Forum ....

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
                    Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

You will need to post the contents of the email you received.

Comment

Please either paste the source code of that page here or the contents of the email that you should have been automatically sent about the error

EDIT: Never mind I see Kier posted this 30 seconds before I did
                        Last edited by JamesUS; Thu 24 May '01, 9:45am.

Comment

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO access (userid,forumid,accessmask,importaccessid) VALUES ('95','68',1,'95')
                          mysql error: Duplicate entry '95-68' for key 1
                          mysql error number: 1062
                          Date: Thursday 24th of May 2001 01:26:42 PM
                          Script: /vbulletin/importers/bbimport_ubb6.php
                          Referer: http://mydomain.com/vbulletin/import...mport_ubb6.php

I removed the actual domain because I've deleted the entire install am I'm trying again.

thanks

Comment

I've accomplished the complete reinstall, but I still have the same problem as stated in my first post. The message are there, at least in one forum. I can not get the rest of the messages to show either in search or on the forums?

Comment

problem with importing private messages step

well, my import seemed to being working fine - until i came to the importing of the 'private messages, buddy list' - it crapped out on me.

any suggestions.

girard

ps
                              i will post the exact error message later.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X