How can I delete all the members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I delete all the members

I'd like to delete all the members on my board and re-import from UBB.

The import tool asked me if I want to delete all members, and I said YES, but now it reads that we have twice as many mebers as we should.

Would like to fix this before we actually go live on vB.

with phpmyadmin u can EMPY the table user
    this will delete all the members ...

Comment

You can run this query to empty the user table:
      Code:
      DELETE FROM user;

Comment

chris,

where do I "run" that?

sorry, I just don't know what you are talking about. (but I want to know.)

Comment

You can either use phpMyAdmin.... or if you log into your server (Telnet/SSH), and type "mysql -uuser -ppassword database" it will give you a mysql> prompt to run the command.

Comment

ok. I ran the "DELETE FROM user;" and now there is a database problem.

VB tells me:
            There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

and the email vb dispatches says:
            Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT userid,username FROM user WHERE userid=
            mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near '' at line 1
            mysql error number: 1064
            Date: Saturday 02nd of June 2001 02:15:44 PM
            Script: /speak/
            Referer:

Comment

ok. I have to admit, I also ran:
              "DELETE FROM userfield;" since that table seemed to be wrong as well. (it had the same number of entries, which was totally innacurate.)

I really don't mind doing a new install. Should I do that? (would be nice to not have to loose all the template editing, and I didn't export he templates...)

Comment

nevermind. Impatience got the best of me. I deleted the entire install and am re-installing.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X