No announcement yet.

UBB6 Import Scripts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no problem, it's just a slight change from what we had in place and I know it will take a little time to get used to

Comment

Well there you go.

I guess waiting up until nearly 1.00 am so i could get all the work done tonight was a waste of time then

LOL
      Regards

Justin
      Interesting Devices Ltd
      http://interesting-devices.com
      http://id-discussions.com
      http://caravan-smart.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Devices
        Well there you go.

I guess waiting up until nearly 1.00 am so i could get all the work done tonight was a waste of time then

LOL
        Sorry Justin, I too was under the impression that the scripts would be in the member area when VB2.0 went gold,
        they said :

"We will be putting together an import script for UBB 6, after vBulletin 2.0 is declared stable and released (ie: not beta code)." ...

Well, it's not beta code anymore ... and we know they are done...

Good news 2.0 went gold but the import script is required for current UBB customers to switch, that is certainly going to put a damper on new sales.... Dunno why they did it this way, the import script was included with the 1.x versions... Must just be a new anti piracy thing, like the ctrl pnl thingy... (LOL) I don't blame you for passing on allowing them access to your control panel, no one but you or your chosen admins should have that...

Glitch

Comment

If the Import script is in the Members area only members with valid license codes will be able to download it anyway, I don't see the reasoning behind this email waiting period.
          www.speedguide.net | forums.speedguide.net
          Life would be much easier if I had the source code...

Comment

Originally posted by Philip
            If the Import script is in the Members area only members with valid license codes will be able to download it anyway, I don't see the reasoning behind this email waiting period.

They may be worried about someone that has a valid license sharing it... It does happen, but I didn't think that this software would be a werez trophy...

I own a license (though my wife seems to have taken control of it...) and I showed Justin "Devices" this software, showed him the forums support is 1st rate, he bought a license and now they're makin me look bad...

On top of that, his UBB is broken now... post's showing 24hrs later or not at all... go figure

Glitch

Comment

Hi Glitch

Hmm i did notice a few errors with the site but was hoping to shift over very soon.

Did you notice i went for a clean install all ready to import the site over Upgrade9.php seemd to screw it up a lot.

Then i checked for the import and oh dear. You must email request it

By the time i realised that it was late over here in the UK and from what i can gather John is over my side of the pond so he is probably tucked up in bed right now.

One of the support guys mentioned they need to verify the licence etc in another post. That does not make sense since you have to be a licenced to get to the members area anyways.

Yes Philip very true. Maybe they are customising each script sent to users for tracking any pirated versions that may apear on the net. Thats the only reason i can think of which i guess could be a good idea for them but very frustrating for us.

Oh well just past 5 am here in the UK so i best get some sleep and check my mail when i awake.
              Regards

Justin
              Interesting Devices Ltd
              http://interesting-devices.com
              http://id-discussions.com
              http://caravan-smart.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Devices
                Upgrade9.php seemd to screw it up a lot.

Strange, mine (err or my wifes ) went quite smooth, no problems other than all the racket concerning no spell check hack anymore, oh well, guess she will want me to install that too... Funny, they only want you to play with it, if it's broken...

It's modbot that is broken beyond other cgi based problems with delayed/missing posts and thread post counting isn't doing very good either...

Glitch
                Last edited by Glitch; Mon 21 May '01, 9:47pm.

Comment

I'm one of those waiting for the script to be delivered to my e-mail as well. I've been waiting all day! It's 1:30AM now and nothing I got all excited and couldn't even do anything today.

Oh well hopefully it will be there in the morning.

Comment

I'm getting a warm fuzzy inside, all the neat webmasters are here, Cliff from the hardforums, Philip and me from speedguide, and SystemLogic

Howdy

we're patiently waiting that import script

Comment

Once I have the script bbimport_ubb6.php, what do I do with it? I put it in my admin directory and it doesn't show up in the list of import systems....

Comment

Systemlogic: you got mail

Comment

All the import scripts need to be uploaded to your importers folder, not the admin folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
                            Please keep in mind it's very late there (in the UK) and both John and James have had a full day today with the release.... I am sure you'll have the script waiting for you in the morning.
                            That's what I figured yesterday when I emailed John, it's morning here on the east coast still no script. I guess I will have to wait until this evening to run it.

Comment

I requested the import script from john yesterday.. haven't got any replys yet

why can't you just put it up on the member area?

Best regards

iblis

Comment

Still nothing here as well

It's like when you buy a new car, but you have to write the manufacturer and request them to ship you the tires
                                www.speedguide.net | forums.speedguide.net
                                Life would be much easier if I had the source code...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X