sorry to be a pain in the ass

Comment

Originally posted by Peteruk
      Hi Kier,

It returned an error of

mysqldump: not found
      From shell, try:

locate mysqldump

This doesn't always work but it will sometimes show you the directory of the file.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Also try
        Code:
        cd /usr/local/mysql/bin
        ./mysqldump ... (the other stuff) ...

Comment

Hi smachol

It gave it as:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump

Going on that the first line appears to be correct? I have a feeling it's only something stupid that I'm doing wrong

Comment

It just gave me the same error Kier but only with the / at the begining

Comment

Just stick ./ in front of mysqldump when you run it

Comment

Yes, you would enter:

cd /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump

....then run your mysqldump command.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

right I think I got it (thank god I hear you lot say )

But now I get (is forumbackup-05-21-2001 the correct file???)

./mysqldump: Can't get CREATE TABLE for table '/home/forumbackup-05-21-2001.sql' (Incorrect table name '/home/forumbackup-05-21-2001.sql')
                  Last edited by Peteruk; Mon 21st May '01, 3:02pm.

Comment

Hi Guys,

You know in the admin you have control panel >> Backup database >> Backup choices >> SQL Dump of data do I have to do a backup this way?

Comment

upload using ssh

how can i upload/download files using ssh?
                      // less is more

Comment

SSH is just an terminal interface, it does not have in-built upload/download capabilities. Although there are ways to transfer files via your SSH client, I would strongly recommend that you use good old FTP for all file transfers to and from your server.

Comment

right I think I got it (thank god I hear you lot say )

But now I get (is forumbackup-05-21-2001 the correct file???)

./mysqldump: Can't get CREATE TABLE for table '/home/forumbackup-05-21-2001.sql' (Incorrect table name '/home/forumbackup-05-21-2001.sql')
                          Another way to do is is:

./mysql -u username -p > backup.sql mytablename

The above you seem to be specifiing the .sql file you want to save to as the tablename, which is why your getting the error.

I don't know if there is any reason *not* to do it this way - works for me anyway
                          HP DL-380 G6, 2x E5520, 28GB RAM, 4x300GB SAS, VMWare ESXi
                          -
                          Unreal Tournament : Assault forums - irc://irc.utassault.net:6667 -

Comment

Hi Guys,

You know in the admin you have control panel >> Backup database >> Backup choices >> SQL Dump of data do I have to do a backup this way?
                            Nope, you may find if you have a large database that it doesn't work very well anyway due to php timeouts (or whats what I read on the forums somwhere anyway )

The above command should work for you too.
                            -

Comment

Cheers for the reply Martz I'll give it a go tonight.

Would I have to create a new table in MYSQL to dump the files or will this be done automatically??

Comment

Would I have to create a new table in MYSQL to dump the files or will this be done automatically??
                                No, all the information you are dumping from the mySQL database will be saved in to the back.sql file (or whatever name you decided to use)

You can then download that file - and thats your SQL backup complete.
                                -

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X