Modifying hardcoded vBcodes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying hardcoded vBcodes?

The control panel lets admins modify some vB codes, but not others.

Some codes that I can't seem to modify:

[code ]
    [php ]
    [img ]

There are others, but my question is how to modify them?

I've tried added a custom [code ] replacement into the "Custom BB Codes" section of the control panel, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for the help.

functions.php, bbcodeparse2() function. Beware, it's not really for the faint of heart

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I'd guess the ones that are were added in via a hack integration are the ones that we can't change.

Is there any chance this will be "modify-able" via the CP in a future release? It seems inconsistent the way it is now: you can change some code replacements, but not others.

Comment

No, because all the ones in there require some out side manipulation (stripbrsfromcode(), phphighlite(), on/off flag).

Comment

Well, I've figured out a workaround - I'll explain it as it may help someone else.

I wanted to replace the [ code] code. So while I can't directly modify it, I modified the functionality of the vB Code '#' button.

In vbcode_buttons:

replaced
          Code:
          <input type="button" class="bginput" value="#" title="#" onclick="vbcode(this.form,'CODE','')" onmouseover="stat('code')">
          with
          Code:
          <input type="button" class="bginput" value="#" title="MONO" onclick="vbcode(this.form,'MONO','')" onmouseover="stat('code')">
          Then create a [MONO] custom code in the control panel, and voila, a transparent replacement for the '#' button functionality.

It won't change your current messages containing [ code] blocks, but all future ones will be just the way you want them.

Hope this helps!
          Last edited by jookido; Thu 17th May '01, 4:12pm.

Comment

Thanks for this hint. Do you know how to remove the space after the inserted vB Code?
            Streicher

Comment

Only way I see this being done is editing "vbcode.js"

The spaces seem to be added purposely (they probably figure you'd press spacebar anyway).

Comment

Ok I found it.
                Last edited by Streicher; Sat 19th May '01, 5:00am.
                Streicher

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X