Import Question For vB Developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Question For vB Developers

Well, after giving my presentation on Forum software comparisons here in work, everyone seemed very impressed with vBulletin!

There is one question though. We are currently running Web Crossing Forums on the company site. Is their an import script available that would allow us to import those Forums into vBulletin? Please let me know either here or via email. Thanks!
    Rob

Not Currently and this particular package hasn't been discussed as a potential candidate at this time.

Comment

Freddie,

Is this something I could program myself based upon the UBB import script, or is this something that takes a considerable amount of programming etc?
      Rob

Comment

I can't answer that without knowing how the package is setup. From looking at the details it appears the software is written in C and comes to you as an executable for your platform. I don't see any references to mysql or other sql servers so I assume it stores it's data in the filesystem. I would suspect that it probably uses binary files to store this data which would make it very difficult for you to get the data out of unless you have an export option built into the system.

Comment

Thanks Freddie. I think a "new start from the ground up" would be much better....and easier!
          Rob

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X