X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by advance
    Thanks for listening.
    Hmmm.......listening goes both ways!
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
      The user is only seeing cached pages. They will not be able to perform any action as you that requires server-side processing, such as posting a message.

Viewing cached pages is a problem for ANY web-based system, it's not something we can fix, because all we can do is process data on the server. When an ISP serves a cached page, the server is not involved.
      Ok, I have everyone using cookies, and I deleted the options to not to use cookies in the templates.

Kier, you mention that the person wouldn't be able to post under a different name or anything like that, but I have members who have been able to. Take a look here: http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...&threadid=8243

This was before I took out the options to not use cookies so I think I have things pretty well in order now, but it looks like there still may be a security problem if someone posts a message as someone else. Weird thing is that the IP addresses are identicle for both, but they are from different states.

Comment

I think that our users couldnt post again... anyway, they all had the same ISP. (and used ADSL)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X