PM-problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM-problem

I have a special usergroup of people that are allowed to send PM's. Registered users are not allowed to use the PM's.

Now when a special user sends a PM to a registered user, the latter receives an email that a message has been posted, but when he tries to read it, he is given a "no permission"-error. He can see the message in his inbox, but can't read it.
    Dutch community site for single parents.

http://www.ouderalleen.nl/thuis.html

Re: PM-problem

Originally posted by bart
    I have a special usergroup of people that are allowed to send PM's. Registered users are not allowed to use the PM's.

Now when a special user sends a PM to a registered user, the latter receives an email that a message has been posted, but when he tries to read it, he is given a "no permission"-error. He can see the message in his inbox, but can't read it.
    Well? You disallowed the use of PM for the registered users. So they don't have permission to read(use) PM.
    I don't see what's wrong.

Comment

The problem is the users who are allowed to use PMs are still being allowed to send to those who are not allowed to receive them, and the people who are not allowed to receive them are still being sent email notices of PMs they aren't allowed to read.

Comment

I fixed it with a not-so-nice hack in private.php

Code:
        after: (near line 540+)

if (!$touserinfo[receivepm]) {
            eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_pmrecipturnedoff")."\");");
            exit;
          }

I added:

if ($touserinfo[usergroupid] < 5 or $touserinfo[usergroupid] > 7) {
            eval("standarderror(\"".gettemplate("error_pmcantreceive")."\");");
            exit;
         }
        This way only members of usergroups 5 (supermoderator), 6 (admin) and 7 (my special usergroup) can post and receive PM's. When trying to post to a user from another group, they get the errormessage in the new template error_pmcantreceive.
        Last edited by bart; Wed 16th May '01, 6:49am.
        Dutch community site for single parents.

http://www.ouderalleen.nl/thuis.html

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X