Random Changing of Style sets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Changing of Style sets

I originally posted this problem a while ago but it was moved to the 'Old Bugs' forum. Unfortunately it's still a problem in RC3.

The problem: Occasionally, and entirely at random, my board switches style sets as I'm viewing it. I have five different sets and have chosen one particular style. Even though that style still shows up in my options, the board will sometimes display an entirely different set. If I resubmit my preferences the style returns to normal. And sometimes it returns to normal without any action on my part.

This has been happening to me since the earlier betas and is continuing with RC3. So far this has happened to me and two of my Moderators. There have been no reports of this problem from my regular Members.

I'd appreciate it if someone could look into this. It's beginning to annoy my Moderators.
    Last edited by Steve Machol; Tue 15 May '01, 10:32am.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

*bump*

This happened to me several times yesterday. Very weird!

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

My styles switch whenever I edit someone else's profile in the admin section who is using a different style. Is that what's happening?

Comment

Yes, whenever you submit a form that contains the variable $styleid, your currently selected style will temporarily alter to that style.

To solve the problem, just go into your UserCP and submit the form, your chosen style will then be reapplied.

Alternatively, if you know the id of the style you want, simply add &styleid=15 to the end of the current URL (assuming that you want style 15)

Comment

Originally posted by Lorina
          My styles switch whenever I edit someone else's profile in the admin section who is using a different style. Is that what's happening?
          This is not the cause in my case. For instance my Moderators don't even have access to the Control Panel so they have no way of editing user profiles.

Kier, any idea what may be happening in my case? I'm definitely not using 'styleid' in the URL when this happens. That was one of the first things I checked.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

It may not be in the URL, but are you submitting a form with a field named 'styleid'?

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
              It may not be in the URL, but are you submitting a form with a field named 'styleid'?
              Nope. Sometimes it'll happen when I first click on the link to my forums (http://www.optiboard.com/forums/) and sometimes it'll happen when I go from the forum home page to one of the forums. It's entirely random.

And so far it's only happened to me and two of my Moderators. No Members have reported having this problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

hey smachol

not sure if we have the same problem

i think i solved mine by commenting this line
                PHP Code:
                  $styleid=$codestyleid
                below these lines
                PHP Code:
                // is style in the forum/thread set?
                if (isset($codestyleid) and $codestyleid!=0) { 
                basically my problem was the some times i would change style, but a forum or a thread that i had visited before would show up with the old style instead of the new

Comment

Thanks Mark. My problem is a little different - the style changes randomly on we for no reason at all, i.e., I didn't make any changes to the style set.

BTW, which script are you referring to for the code changes?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

global.php

Comment

Working...
                    X