X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned email vb2/rc3

Hello everyone,

RE: vB2/rc3

Great work This issue may be my lack of knowledge or a bug.

I have thousands of banned email domains and email addresses listed one per line in the new multiline text box. Enable banning is set to yes and Allow user to keep banned email is also set to yes.

yahoo.com is banned

If a new users registers with an email of [email protected] this users is still mailed the activation link data and still appears in the users awating email confirmation. This user also sees the same template as a valid registration from an email that is not banned.

Am I missing something? Perhaps the banned domains need to be listed like this:

foo.com yahoo.com hotmail.com

Since mosts lists are one per line I would appreciate some guidence? Also, what is the name of the banned/rejected email template?

much thanks.
    Have a great day :)
    http://www.StopScum.com

hey steve

error_banemail is the template i believe ? i have the same settings on as well but using RC2 right now
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Close George, but no cigar

I figured it out with RC3. All the banned email address must be on a single line seperated by a space. Using TextPad > Select All > Join Lines.

The template which displays after a reject of a banned email is "error_bademail"

HTH.
      Have a great day :)
      http://www.StopScum.com

Comment

hehe so does this mean we geeks are gonna see Geek vB forum soon?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X