Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server grinding to a halt. [rc3]

Hi Anyone,

whenever more then 25 members signin at anyone time, my Dedicated server starts to slow down, when it gets to around 30members it dies and i have to remotely reboot it from a switch, what is wrong with it, 30 user in the forums and it dies ?

someone please advise what i can do, its crazy if i got to limit the conenctions to less then 30

Well we need some more info!

PHP
    MYSQL
    Server Configuration
    ETC

Comment

Server Config

Hi Joshs,

Mysql 3.23.33
      Server Version: Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_gzip/1.3.19.1a mod_perl/1.25 mod_layout/2.10.2 mod_ssl/2.8.1 OpenSSL/0.9.5a

System Ram 512meg
      46 Gig HD

Processor PIII 500

Redhat 7.1

All the best from Alan

Comment

Can you explain exactly what happens to the server? Is it used for anything else other than hosting MySQL and vBulletin (ie: E-Mail, WEB Server)?

Comment

Slowing down...

Hi Josh,

Apart from hyperseek 2000, search engine, and a banner exchange which both dont get much use nothing else...

If I get 30 users on the server it grinds to a halt, but using "top" the system is 60% ideal, So I can only assume that mysql is dying big time.

If someone registers, then the system stops for a few seconds and telnet freezes...

All the best from Alan

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X