Update on my problem - please advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my problem - please advise

All my posts are gone today guys. Only about 10,000. I upgraded yesterday and today all is gone.

VDI is restoring the database for me as we speak. My question, is this a bug? I do not want to keep going through this.

Thanks

yes-its-free.com

Glen,

FWIW I upgraded to RC3 without any problem. Of course I made a backup of the database before running the upgrade - just in case.

Did you get any error messages or anything else unusual when you ran the upgrade? Maybe with more information one of the more knowledgeable folks can help figure out what went wrong.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

no errors.

Went like clock work.

The board was running fine this early morning and then all the posts were wiped out.

I just added a result of query from database on my original post. Hoping I will hear back if I should just go ahead and restore.

I have been down for several hours and it is killing me...

Comment

quickest way to get back live is to use a recent backup and import again
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

true, but I still need an answer why this happened.

I don't want to do it again.

Comment

The upgrade scripts in no way would have deleted your posts so it would be difficult to make a guess as to what happened in your situation.

Comment

What about the post counter being tripped to 49..

What does that mean?

Comment

Ok..

Ventures online did a restore of database.
                I am a little confused though ( and not too bright) . I asked for a restore of the database, thinking that would be all I need.

Chuck said he did a restore of the "database" .

So, my system now says I am running Candidate 2 when it had been upgraded two days ago to C3. Obviously the backup available was before I did my upgrade.

DO I need to look for anything special when upgrading "again"? Am I truly running C2 now and not a mixed version?

Thanks in advance.....

Comment

You should really ask him when the database was backed up to be sure, but if it says RC2, then it's almost definately not a mix. The only time it would be a mix is if it was backed up in your process of upgrading.

Comment

No it wasn't mixed but I am getting the error where is you send a member their email from the admin cp / a blank screen. I figured that was unique to C3

If you feel nothing to worry about should I upgrade? (again)

Comment

Another error

Also Ed/Mike

After the restore I just had a member send me this:

This is the message:

When i stopped in today I noticed my avatar had reverted back to my old one. When I went to change it back, i got this error:

vBulletin Message
                      ADMINISTRATOR: You MUST revert your modifyoptions template.

Comment

You're using the RC3 files then.

Yes, I recommend you upgrade.

(yikes! The first time I typed this I used the word "realize" but spelled it "realise"... John must be getting to me )

Comment

Upgraded again..

Fingers crossed.

Wish I knew what made it blow out before. Don't want to do this tomorrow.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X