Newthread.php look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newthread.php look

My IE 5.5 displays the old look of newthread.php and newreply.php(the ones included in beta 5). It does not display the new ones(eg. the one that uses javascript(click on the smilies and then code would appear in the message box)). It works fine in my netscape but not IE! Pls Help!

empty caché

Comment

Revert your custom newthread templates.

Comment

Originally posted by Toliman
        empty caché
        Is it by deleteing all files in my temp internet folder?

Comment

I deleted all files in my temp internet folder but still no good! What should I do?

Comment

When I visit this board it works fine. It does not work fine on my webpage board!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesUS
              Revert your custom newthread templates.
              Done that but it didn't work!

Comment

The fact that it looks good on one browser but not the other signifies a caching issue. It may not be on your end though.

Go into you Internet Options Control Panel and click on the Advanced Tab. Scroll down to HTTP 1.1 Options and uncheck "Use HTTP 1.1. through Proxy".

Next go to the General Tab. In there click on Settings in the Temporary Internet Folder and Check on the top option "Every Visit to the Page".

If this clears up the problem, call your ISP and tell them to clear their cache on the proxy server.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I edit the templates and add random words to the newthread template and when I view it, the words appear. My browser is displaying the latest page. It is just that my IE5.5 is just ignoring these codes in newthread.php:

$posticons
                  $vbcode_buttons
                  $vbcode_smilies

I going to use another comp. and access the page and see if it is just my IE.

Comment

are you sure that you have enabled code buttons and smilies in your user profile? (usercp -> edit options -> Use vBCode quick links)

Comment

Thanks for helping kier. U solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X