email all password script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• email all password script?

Can we have a function to email password to all individual users with a custom message template?

This can be an effective marketing tool to remind users of their password and bring back traffic.
    Byron
    Last edited by Byron; Tue 26 Feb '02, 9:01pm.

Look in the vBulletin 2.0 Hacks forum for the 'Community Bulletin' threads by myself and tubedogg.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=16290

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=16161

Dang my connection must be slow tonight...between the time I hit "reply" and this page loaded, Kier had already replied.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
        Dang my connection must be slow tonight...between the time I hit "reply" and this page loaded, Kier had already replied.
        Nawww, actually Kier is usually that quick! LOL

Comment

Canl this be a standard function in control panel rather than a hack?

Thanks
          Byron
          Last edited by Byron; Tue 26 Feb '02, 9:02pm.

Comment

Possibly in the future, Byron, but for right now that's at least 2 to 3 months off (v2.1). Right now it is only available as a hack. (Which is very easy to install, I might add. )

Comment

You could always use the normal "email users" section in your CP to mail their passwords for now if you'd rather not use hacks.

Comment

Is this available in 2.0.3? I just converted a UBB to VBulletin. This would be very handy so I dont have 500+ members trying to re-register at the new forums. I can simply send out an email with user names and passwords with links to the new forum.

How would I currently go about doing this? (be easy on me, Im new to vbulletin, and all the options+ are a little overwhelming.)

thanks in advance

Comment