Email Formatting Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Formatting Problems

I've noticed that when I make a change to an email template....when that email is sent, the formatting is completely gone. Everything is lumped up into one huge paragraph that looks like a run-on sentence. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this/prevent it?

From what I can tell, the original templates work fine, but carriage returns are not recognized if the template is altered.
    Last edited by RobAC; Wed 9th May '01, 8:19pm.
    Rob

Hello,

i'm interesting by the answer because i have the same problem

Comment

I haven't experienced this, but I imagine it's because when you press enter on a Windows computer it inserts \r\n, instead of the Unix \n (on Mac it's just \r). There's not much that can be done in 2.0.0 to fix it except make sure you only have \n in your templates.

Comment

I have had this problem as well. Following the suggestion of one of my member's I modified the code a little.

Before sending out an email, I added the following line of code:
        PHP Code:
        $emailmsg=str_replace("\r\n","\n",$emailmsg); 
        You will have to go through all the code files looking for the mail() function and add that line above it. Keep an eye on the third parameter of the mail() function and adjust the variable name of the above line accordingly.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks...

Thanks a lot wluke... it works very fine now

I'm actually translate templates in french... i'm in the middle

but it's long and hard

I love vbulletin... and my community of "dachshunds french lovers" too.

Thanks a lot.

Sincerely.

Comment

Wayne,

Although better late than never, I just went and added this line of code to Kevin's Community Bulletin Generator hack. Worked like a charm. THANK YOU!!
            Rob

Comment

I guess we could vi and change the style file?? Will that do it? Probably not because this needs to be updated to the db?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X