[Release v2] Updated Community Bulletin Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try going to http://myurl.com/myforums/phpinfo.php
    If that file is there, it should tell you what the MySQL version number is.

If it is not, you can download the attached file from this message, rename it to mysqlver.php and upload it your main forums directory. Go to it in a browser and it will tell you the version number.

Comment

k thx

mysql is on version

MySQL Support enabled
      Active Persistent Links 0
      Active Links 0
      Client API version 3.23.22-beta
      MYSQL_INCLUDE
      MYSQL_LFLAGS
      MYSQL_LIBS

Comment

Odd...SUBSTRING() was added in v3.22.4. And my testbed is running the same version of MySQL as you are and it works fine for me...Maybe try reuploading commbull.php.

I honestly cannot think of any reason why it wouldn't work.

Comment

I'm getting the same error on the birthday query, and I'm running MySQL 3.22.32

The workaround is not to use the birthday feature of commbull

Comment

If you are running 3.22.32 that would explain it: substring wasn't added until 3.22.4.

I'll look into some other way to do it.

Comment

Thanks!
              I'm not ready to upgrade MySQL eventhough I would like to. But I'm too stupid for that

Comment

Couple questions, observations:

What are "blocks"....block 1, block 2, etc?

I noticed that the dates shown for new thread replies are all 1-18-2038?????? Is this some kind of Y2K bug somewhere??
                Rob

Comment

Blocks allow you to present different sets of threads, sorted in different manners. For example, you could set the first block to "no replies" and the second to "most replies" and you would get two different sets of threads.

The date is a problem with the UBB5 -> vB import script.
                  Look here for a script to fix the dates. (Backup your database FIRST!) Upload it your admin directory and run it.

Comment

Tubeddog-

There's still a bug in the that script to update the date problem. I downloaded the new script you posted and still got a parse error on line 15. I had to change this line towards the bottom:

if ($i = $50) {
                    echo("Updated another 50 threads...continuing<br>");
                    $i = 0;

I changed the :

if ($i = $50) {

to be

if ($i = 50) {

NOTE: I took out the $ sign before the 50, then the script ran without problems.
                    Originally posted by tubedogg
                    Blocks allow you to present different sets of threads, sorted in different manners. For example, you could set the first block to "no replies" and the second to "most replies" and you would get two different sets of threads.

The date is a problem with the UBB5 -> vB import script.
                    Look here for a script to fix the dates. (Backup your database FIRST!) Upload it your admin directory and run it.
                    Last edited by RobAC; Sat 12 May '01, 9:22pm.
                    Rob

Comment

Also, the hack works well in sending out the bulletin, but when you assign a copy to be saved in a particular Forum number, it doesn't save it. I assigned my username and in my profile, it shows that the bulletin is my last post, but when you click on the link, it can't find it.
                      Rob

Comment

Sorry about the $50 thing.

Comment

Originally posted by RobAC
                          Also, the hack works well in sending out the bulletin, but when you assign a copy to be saved in a particular Forum number, it doesn't save it. I assigned my username and in my profile, it shows that the bulletin is my last post, but when you click on the link, it can't find it.
                          That's really odd. I've gone back over the code and tested it a few more times and it works on mine. Make sure the forum you put in is a forum, not a category. That's the only thing I can think of.

Comment

Some suggestions

Instead of just number of users since last update it could list the names of all the users.

Each post mentioned would be better with the forum name added as I have posts such as "Your thoughts on the last race" which could well be for any forum.

The ability to go through each forum individually and list the most popular threads in each, rather than just overall for the whole board.

Make the thing template driven so no code edits are needed to alter the standard layout.
                            Motorsport Forums

Comment

Re: Some suggestions

Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
                              Make the thing template driven so no code edits are needed to alter the standard layout.
                              I'll look into the others, but this bugged me.
                              It isn't template driven per se, but you can edit any of the text in the preview box so it looks however you want it to look. You can change the look of the whole thing without touching one bit of code.

Comment

Re: Re: Some suggestions

Originally posted by tubedogg
                                I'll look into the others, but this bugged me.
                                It isn't template driven per se, but you can edit any of the text in the preview box so it looks however you want it to look.
                                Oh yes I know this. However I'm lazy and I want to be able to send out the bulletin with as little work as possible.

There are many standard things I like to have in my bulletin but I don't like having to put them in every time I send it out.
                                Motorsport Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X