No announcement yet.

[Release v2] Updated Community Bulletin Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The .zip file in the first message has been updated every time. Besides, there isn't another one in this thread, so that's the one you want

Comment

• Great HAck!!!!

At first when I installed it, I got this error:

----------------------------------
      There seems to have been a slight problem with the database. Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
      -----------------------------------

But then I turned the Brithdays annd Calendar stuff to 0 and it worked like a charm Whew! I'm gonna have some fun now..

Thanks
      Webmaster: Dailydiva.com - My VB is OnTheHush.com

Comment

• Problem with V2.0.3

Hello, is a very good hack,

but i have some problems with the inclution of some code in members.php and index.php. All of this code i don't finde in the two files. waths happends???

PHP Code:
        then find this: 
          $pmpopup=iif($pmpopup=="yes",1,0);
        and after it add this 
          $receivebulletin=iif($receivebulletin=="yes",1,0);
        and finally find this 
          $DB_site->query("UPDATE user
                           SET ".$updatestyles."adminemail='$adminemail',
        and replace it with this: 
          $DB_site->query("UPDATE user
                           SET ".$updatestyles."adminemail='$adminemail', receivebulletin='$receivebulletin',

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

admin/index.php 
        You will need to make the following alterations to your admin/index.php file: 
        After this:
        <a href="email.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>"> Email users </a><br>
        add this:
        <a href="commbull.php?s=<?php echo $session[sessionhash]; ?>"> Send Community Bulletin </a><br>
        I hope you can help me.

PS. I can open the file commbull.php an send mails to all users, but i didn't see the link in the cp.
        Der DSA Limbus (My Fantasy Roleplaying Site (only in German)
        Die DSA Ring Foren

Comment

• sorry

i was to stupid to find the code, but at the moment i see it.

THX
          Die DSA Ring Foren

Comment

Does this work on 2.0.3 ?

Comment

• Yes.

Comment

• Yes

perfektly it's a very good Hack and it works fine with V2.0.3
                Die DSA Ring Foren

Comment

• Fatal Error

I just got this when trying to run commbull.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: cpheader() in /usr/www/users/gandalf/starwarsguide.com/forums/commbull.php on line 6
                  Last edited by SirSteve; Tue 7 Aug '01, 4:46am.

Comment

• You have to put commbull.php into your admin directory.

Comment

• At the moment I'm just toying around with vBulletin, seeing what it can do etc, before putting it live (same thing can be said for my whole website actually), so I found the following error when I tried Previewing my "community bulletin"..

"Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: SELECT * FROM user WHERE SUBSTRING(birthday,6)>='08-08' AND SUBSTRING(birthday,6)<='08-22' ORDER BY SUBSTRING(birthday,6) LIMIT 0,10
                      mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SUBSTRING(birthday,6) LIMIT 0,10' at line 1
                      mysql error number: 1064
                      Date: Wednesday 08th of August 2001 12:49:23 PM
                      Script: /forum/admin/commbull.php
                      Referer: http://www.dogwalks.org/forum/admin/commbull.php?"

If I set the number of birthdays to display to zero then it works... so I suspect that the problem is something like that there aren't 10 users subscribed to my forum, so therefore it's not gonna find 10 birthdays - 10 seems to be the default value for birthday output...

Just a minor error, doubt most people would see it, but thought you might like to know anyway.

Looking forward to using the community bulletin feature when I go live with the site :-).

Comment

• Actually, read up a few posts. Your version of MySQL does not support SUBSTRING, or does not support using SUBSTRING in a where clause.

Setting it to 0 eliminates using birthdays and therefore solves the problem.

Comment

• Thanks!

Thanks tubedogg! I must've overlooked that step.

Comment

• Ah, i see! Is that something I should talk to my isp about? Does that mean they're using an older version of SQL?

Comment

• Small problem

Did a test post to myself and worked fine, tried a post to all members and got this:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel: Invalid SQL: UPDATE forum SET replycount=replycount+1,threadcount=threadcount+1,lastpost='997310960',lastposter='warrior ' WHERE forumid IN ()
                              mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ')' at line 1
                              mysql error number: 1064
                              Date: Wednesday 08th of August 2001 11:49:20 PM
                              Script: /forum/admin/commbull.php
                              Referer: http://www.******.co.uk/forum/admin/commbull.php

I have the entry in my CP and I turned birthdays etc. to 0

Also getting this error when I try to enter my CP:
                              Parse error: parse error in /usr/home/c/a/******/public_html/forum/member.php on line 1291

any ideas.

Please disregard this post, was a syntax error in member.php (My Fault) all working as it should - great Hack TNX
                              Last edited by centris; Wed 8 Aug '01, 12:47pm.

Comment

• Can someone please explane how to Install this because I cannot find the members, admin or index.php files in my forum.

Do I have to Install them via templates?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X