Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP !!! MySQL Error

This is what I am getting :

Database error in vBulletin: Invalid SQL: SELECT userid,username FROM user WHERE userid=10749
    mysql error: Got error 127 from table handler
    mysql error number: 1030
    Date: Monday 07th of May 2001 02:31:08 PM

how do i fix it ?

thanks

That means the table is corrupt. If you have MySQL 3.23, you can use admin/repair.php on it (unsupported) or myisamchk (on MyISAM tables; isamchk on ISAM tables).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
      That means the table is corrupt. If you have MySQL 3.23, you can use admin/repair.php on it (unsupported) or myisamchk (on MyISAM tables; isamchk on ISAM tables).
      You are a god and I am a dumbass for not checking the admin dorectory

Comment

ok, I must be a bigger dumbass, cause I can't find repair.php in the admin directory... V2 CR3

-Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-ROR
          ok, I must be a bigger dumbass, cause I can't find repair.php in the admin directory... V2 CR3

-Dave

maybe u didnt upload it properly ?

Comment

Faz: it was in the extras dir, didn't upload em. found it though, will upload it now.. how's h-a.net? haven't been there for months..

-Dave

Comment

Ok, ran repair.php, didn't fix it, had the host run myisamchk, didn't fix it.. time to drop the tables?

Comment

Are you sure you're getting the same error?

Comment

According to the msgs the bb is sending to me, yes. Since deleting the original offending thread and rerunning repair.php it seems to be ok again.... for now....

-Dave

Comment

Ok, this error occured again. This time with a big post (~2300 characters). Delete the post, error goes away, repost it, error comes back? I changed the field type to longtext but that was not help. Any ideas?!?!

thanks,

-Dave

Comment

Another update. It seems to be based on the total number of characters in the THREAD. wtf?!?!

Comment

If you're getting the same error as Fazle, then you should upgrade your MySQL to the latest (3.23.38). If that doesn't help, you'll probably want to head to the MySQL mailing lists as it is probably a MySQL issue with large BLOBs.

Comment

Well, mySQL is storing the post's fine. For example, I can edit the offending post to say, 600 characters. Posts fine, ok, now add a post, say 2 characters, works fine, now edit that post, to 3 characters in length (say "hi" to "hi!"), bam. dead. now edit the 600 character post to 599 characters, leave the 3 character one at three, works fine. I'd stored a post with over 2300 characters in it, and it works fine, but once the total number of chars in a thread gets too large, it bombs.. I could see a mysql error but only if it didn't create each post at a time. At least, this is how I'm assuming it's creating the threads..

showthread.php has querystring vars to ID the session and threadid, lets ignore the session since it's not an issue here. Ok, Now we do a select against the post table where threadid matches the value passed in the querystring, ok so far, so good. Unless the record set itself has a SMALL limit, it should return, say 10 posts, create the html code for the first post, then goes to the next row of the result/record set, displays that one.. so the only way I could see mysql being the cause here is if its recordsets/results are SEVERLY limited. Which is possible, but the longtext fieldtype shouldn't be causing something like this, at least I can't see how it could.

Sorry if I sounded rude/etc, I'm tired and frustrated from messing with this vbull stuff tonight. (oh, and had some Jager and Amberbock.. )

Thanks for any further help/ideas you/anyone else can provide!!!!!!!!

-Dave
                          Last edited by Dave-ROR; Wed 16th May '01, 9:25pm.

Comment

btw, I'll ask the host to upgrade if they aren't running 3.23.38

-Dave

Comment

Working...
                            X