X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooper,
    Thanks for the reply!
    I should have given more info. I get the error when calling "online.php3".

This is my first hack on the script so my default sessions.php3 file will work. I am usually pretty good at hacking Java so I was very careful in editing the sessions file. I even started from scratch several times and still get the errors.

Maybe there is someone that can email me a stock sessions with only this hack. [email protected]

From what you are saying, I have messed something up in the sessions file. hmmm

Thanks for your time...

dd

Comment

• Originally posted by daydreamer
      Hooper,
      Thanks for the reply!
      I should have given more info. I get the error when calling "online.php3".

This is my first hack on the script so my default sessions.php3 file will work. I am usually pretty good at hacking Java so I was very careful in editing the sessions file. I even started from scratch several times and still get the errors.

Maybe there is someone that can email me a stock sessions with only this hack. [email protected]

From what you are saying, I have messed something up in the sessions file. hmmm

Thanks for your time...

dd
      Welcome,
      Something else you might try is renaming your .php3 extensions to just .php. Then try calling something from the browser.

It's against your vBulletin license agreement to hand out code, hacked or not. That is out of the question. Sorry.
      Last edited by Hooper; Fri 1st Jun '01, 12:54pm.

Comment

• They have to be .php3 on this server...

Comment

They have to be .php3 on this server...
          This very well may be true. Some do some don't . I have .php4 installed and can use .php,.php3,.etc... I would try it anyhow. Unless of course you would have to rename all of your files. I would suppose this would be the case. If you are sure your hacking is up to par, the only suggestions are what I mentioned. You do need to make sure that you are hacking correctly or you will most definitley get errors. At this time, the WOL hack's line numbers do not match up with the code changes. The changes are 5 or 6 lines down. Make sure you are modifying by code and this bit of info and not by exact line number. If I remember correctly, the only file that gets modified is the sessions.php. You may try your original sessions.php as I mentioned and see if your forums work again, if they do, your problem is in your hacking.

Btw, I have PHP4 installed and use just the .php extension.

Comment

• Yea but with my server if you use .php, it will show the code.
            I get the exact same error with the default sessions uploaded. I'm thinking it's in the online.php3 file.

You can take a look at them at the following links. Maybe someone could take a look at them for me.

www.dreamsweb.net/php/sessions.php
            www.dreamsweb.net/php/online.php

Thanks
            dd

Comment

• Recommendation

This is what I recommend. First get your forums working properly. Without any hacks. Then backup the files you are going to hack. Then Hack. You should always be able to go back to the working version without the hack within a matter of seconds. The online.php3 file should not keep your forums from working as far as I know. I would suggest you back track and re hack. If this doesn't work after you attempt another hack installation from fresh working vBulliten files, then post again and maybe TubeDogg will come up with some ideas for you.

Best Wishes,
              Last edited by Hooper; Fri 1st Jun '01, 2:53pm.

Comment

• Thanks for your time Hooper.

The forum continues to work fine, just the Who's Online doesn't.

Thanks again....

dd

Comment

• Hi there,

I get the following error when browsing the online.php on my server:

Warning: Variable $loggedins is not an array or string in /home/usr/(...)/forum/online.php on line 29

Parse error: parse error in /home/usr/(...)/forum/online.php on line 44

I tried to redo my steps several times - w/o repeating the mysql insert, phpMyAdmin shows me the new 'location' bit in the db, so this seems to be okay...

Templates are there, online.php is in /forum, session in /admin...

Am a little bit in the wild in the moment
                  Any hints?
                  Thanks,
                  -Tom
                  http://www.mcseboard.de/images/buttons/lastpost.gif www.MCSEboard.de
                  German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• Hmmm, I can't figure it out

Maybe it's because I'm using PHP3 on the server ?
                    thx,
                    -Tom
                    German Windows Server & IT Pro Community dedicated to Windows Client & Server Systems. MVPs inside

Comment

• Tom,

I am having the exact same problem you are. And have been waiting for a reply now for days. I think there is something wrong with the online file???

Please let me know if you figure it out.

PS. I've been to Munich and I love Germany...

Comment

• Hi daydreamer

I just compared my files with yours, they are identical as far as I can see... sorry, I'm lost.

@tubedog: Does it possibly has something to do with php3?

greetings from Munich
                        -Tom

P.S.: Unfortunately we have not the best weather at the moment, but maybe in some days will be the right weather for the beergarden

Comment

• Thomas,

I have been messing with the online file and found only three instantses(sp?) of $loggedins, the rest were $loggedin. So, I renamed them $loggedin. That got rid of the first error.

Now if we could figure put what a parse error is...

dd
                          Last edited by daydreamer; Sun 3rd Jun '01, 6:39am.

Comment

Thomas,

I guess the $160 didn't include support

I have been messing with the online file and found only three instantses(sp?) of $loggedins, the rest were $loggedin. So, I renamed them $loggedin. That got rid of the first error.

Now if we could figure put what a parse error is...

dd
                            DayDreamer,

Not to be disrespectful in any way but we are talking about a hack here. Not vBulletin. You will need to have patience. TubeDogg as well as others program these hacks for us but he and the others also moderate the forums. He is a very busy guy and I'm sure he is doing the best he can. The Hacks are "free for you to try" and there is never a guarantee that they will work in any way shape or form. Most hacks are in a perpetual state of developement. They are not part of vBulletin or the vBulletin program nor are they supported as such by vBulletin. The $160.00 you paid does include support. If you have a problem with the vBulletin program, please post in the appropriate forum.
                            Although TubeDogg tries to answer questions and support his addons, it may take a day or two to get a response. If I could have helped you I would. I didn't have the answer. There very well could be a situation with the .php3 extension but I just don't know what it would be other than maybe a path statement being incorrect somewhere. But I assure you, set aside a few small items that could be improved, this script hack does indeed work.
                            I don't know if anything else was mentioned on it, you may go back and read the entire thread.
                            Last edited by Hooper; Sun 3rd Jun '01, 7:32am.

Comment

• Hooper,

You are so right... and I do apologize

It's been a late night and a early morning here.

Thank you Hooper for showing me the error of my ways.

dd

Comment

• In my research for creating the official version of this for v2.1 (or perhaps even an earlier version if I get it finished soon) I have found that this is the query you need if you want to only have the latest entry for each user. That being said this query is not very nice and I will let you know that I have found others way to achieve what I need without using this resource hog:
                                Code:
                                $users = $DB_site->query("SELECT s1.userid, username, s1.location, s1.host, invisible
                                                            FROM session s1, session s2, user
                                                            WHERE s1.userid = s2.userid AND user.userid = s1.userid
                                                            GROUP BY s1.userid, s1.lastactivity
                                                            HAVING Max(s1.lastactivity) = Max(s2.lastactivity)
                                                            ORDER BY username
                                                            ")
                                Remember you can not grab the guests with this since the GROUP BY would compact them all into one record. You have to use a second query to get them. Just something for you to play around if you want the easiest way to squash multiple users, though not the most efficient way.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X