• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooper
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    great although it still shows username more than once
    Eva,

Not that it takes much, but you are confusing the heck out of me.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    Sorry, in that other thread I meant what line number...but anyway actually you should be putting it in both places - the first one should be covered by finding line 195 and the second line 237.
    great although it still shows username more than once

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    OK

Ok, I have this correct then.

Thanks Kevin.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Sorry, in that other thread I meant what line number...but anyway actually you should be putting it in both places - the first one should be covered by finding line 195 and the second line 237.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooper
    Maybe what Eva posted above is the problem.
    maybe but i'm a bit confused as to what the exact problem is hehe

Leave a comment:

• Hooper
    replied
    Maybe what Eva posted above is the problem.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    just installed this and found there are two instances of this found in sessions.php

PHP Code:
    Around line 237find
          $DB_site
    ->query("UPDATE session SET lastactivity=".time()."$styleup WHERE sessionhash='".addslashes($session['sessionhash'])."'");
    and 
    replace it with
          $DB_site
    ->query("UPDATE session SET lastactivity=".time().",location='".addslashes($scriptpath)."'$styleup WHERE sessionhash='".addslashes($session['sessionhash'])."'"); 

i replaced both any problems with that ?
    Last edited by George L; Thu 24 May '01, 1:57pm.

Leave a comment:

• c-prompt
    replied
    How come normally it works though? Before I did this, it worked right a way. Is there anything I may have accidentally done, that would make it take so long?

Thanks for advice on Cookie Timeout. I will put it back at a higher number.

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    This is the exact same way the Who's Online on the front page of your forums works, and there's no way around it unless you leave your cookie timeout at a very low number (which I would not suggest). Hence, there's really no "fix", although I don't consider it a problem.

Leave a comment:

• c-prompt
    replied
    I lowered my cookie timeout to 60 seconds to "cover up" this problem. But I would really appreciate a true fix to this problem.

Leave a comment:

• c-prompt
    replied
    Hi. I installed this hack today and my prob is that when someone comes on, they pop on whos online quickly. But when they leave the site it takes around 15 minutes before it knows they left.

How can I fix this?

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    I think that the users are listed twice (or multiple's) because you now also select the location...

When you have 2 sessions from the same user now everything will be the same (session.userid,username,invisible) except for the location...

So DISTINCT doesn't work then, because he 'sees' those 2 records as two different ones because of the locationfield...

There could be a workaround on this...Make an array or something; New record -> userid allready in the array? skip it...otherwise -> add userid to array -> list user

Only troubles would be with guests then...or you can check on the ipaddress if (s)he's allready listed

Leave a comment:

• Mas*Mind
    replied
    Couple of 'bugs'

1) I'm still listed twice

2) Some links are displayed as: Viewing post #128099#post128099 in thread "Dudek bedankt" and the url is then:

htp://feyenoord.messagebase.nl/showthread.php?postid=128099#post128099post128099post128099

(with http instead of htp ofcourse, otherwise he wouldn't printed the whole url)
    Last edited by Mas*Mind; Mon 21 May '01, 4:20pm.

Leave a comment:

• kesha1
    replied
    Hey Tubedogg

2 things:
    1. The IP displayed in Who's Online is the one that belongs to the person who's looking at it. All the users have the same IP. So, I believe that variable $ipaddress is not the one that should be used there.
    2. How can I change the title underneath the boards name from Who's Online to Who's On or Who's Alive, and place a pic to the right from it.
    Thank you in advance

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Kesha: Yes, that's why I'm at such a loss. The code that pulls the records from the database is basically identical to the code that is used on the front page. I'm going to continue trying various things. Hopefully I'll get it worked out soon.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X