This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great hack tubedogg

It would be great if vb would officially support the location field again in 2.0 so that we don't have to edit sessions.php everytime we upgrade.

Comment

Thanks tubedogg. Since I had to use the non-edited original version of sessions.php as long as I couldn't get mysql.php to work, basically the hack was not installed at all. So I just downloaded your new version and installed it as per the new instructions, and it worked fine. Thanks!
      -Justin "JJR512" Rebbert
      JJR512.com: Chat about anything!

Comment

very nice hack
        but sometimes when i click on the link for a thread on the who's online page i get this error message :

Fatal error: Unable to open showthread.php in Unknown on line 0

do you know why?

Comment

Re: Li'l problem

Originally posted by insdel
          After installing this hack the loggedin members are no properly shown any more (as you can see in the pic I've attached)
          Only after refreshing the page some 3 times it works.
          Any suggestions?
          This should not affect that at all. If you are the only user on the board, you may not show up on the list at first. If it shows more than one member, but they are not showing up on the list, then you may indeed have a problem but I really don't see how this could affect it.

Comment

Originally posted by furious
            but sometimes when i click on the link for a thread on the who's online page i get this error message :

Fatal error: Unable to open showthread.php in Unknown on line 0
            This is a problem with your server's PHP. It means for whatever reason it decided to take a break. But seriously, unknown at line 0 isn't anything to do with my hack, and it's nothing that can really be fixed in terms of the scripts.

Comment

Working on a site?

Anyone have this up and running correctly? Please post your sites. Ben working on a server move, glad to see this one.
              If I missed a working site forgive me.

Comment

JJR has it up and running.

http://www.jjr512.com/forums/online.php

Comment

Oh Me Gosh Tubbey,

I beta tested the heck out of Borgs WOL before the purchase of vB. I am so grateful. Cannot wait to get that installed looks great.

Thanks for the hard work.
                  Hooper
                  Last edited by Hooper; Tue 8 May '01, 4:11pm.

Comment

Re: Li'l problem

Originally posted by insdel
                    After installing this hack the loggedin members are no properly shown any more (as you can see in the pic I've attached)
                    Only after refreshing the page some 3 times it works.
                    Any suggestions?

insDEL
                    I had this same problem, so i've removed this hack for the meantime. it was doing funny things with my sessions and logged in users.

has anyone tried this on a very busy forum?

out of curiosity i took a look at jjr's implementation and noticed the same discrepancies which i was noticing. please see attached file. I suspect the session table is not being updated properly??
                    :):):)

Comment

ok....... We're back to waiting.

Comment

fruitsalad: Are you missing members from the list on the main page, or are you noticing the members appearing multiple times on the Who's Online page? Those would be two different problems. The first has nothing to do with my hack, I'm quite sure, as it does not have any control over the main listing.

The second thing I'm working on. I don't understand how it happens because it should be selecting distinct records from the DB based on the userid, meaning pull one record per time it sees a particular number...I'll see what I can do.

Comment

just a question:

What kind of events will be listed? Eg: Will 'user is replying on thread 'bla'' also be listed etc..?

Comment

Good question I should probably have given a list anyway. Let me put one together and I'll post it.

Comment

Code:
                              If they are on this page			This list will say this
                              newthread.php				User is starting a new thread in forumtitle forum
                              showthread.php
                              --Using a post #				Viewing post #n in thread threadtitle
                              --Using a post # that has a title		Viewing post posttitle (post #n) in thread threadtitle
                              --Without a post number			Viewing thread threadtitle
                              forumdisplay.php				Viewing forumtitle forum
                              online.php				Viewing Who's Online
                              index.php					Viewing the Main Page
                              newreply.php				Posting a reply to threadtitle
                              editing a post				Editing their post in thread threadtitle
                              search.php?action=showresults		Viewing search results
                              search.php				Using Search
                              memberlist				Viewing the Memberlist
                              calender.php				Viewing the calendar
                              misc.php?action=faq			Viewing the FAQ
                              usercp.php					In their User CP
                              private.php or private2.php			Viewing private messages
                              anywhere else				Browsing Board
                              This only applies to members listed. Guests listed are basically the same, except without the members-only functions (replying, etc.)
                              Last edited by tubedogg; Tue 8 May '01, 6:50pm.

Comment

Originally posted by tubedogg
                                fruitsalad: Are you missing members from the list on the main page, or are you noticing the members appearing multiple times on the Who's Online page? Those would be two different problems. The first has nothing to do with my hack, I'm quite sure, as it does not have any control over the main listing.

The second thing I'm working on. I don't understand how it happens because it should be selecting distinct records from the DB based on the userid, meaning pull one record per time it sees a particular number...I'll see what I can do.
                                I cant say for sure, cos my board is not that busy, but with the edited sessions.php running my board always said 0 members, 0 guests when i first logged in to the main page. it was only refreshing it that i would then be able to see myself.

However i opened up and browed the sessions table in phpmyadmin and there are alot more sessions recorded in that table than are showing on the board. but i dont think this was related to your script issit? the sessions table didnt seem to be updating.

as for the problems i witnessed first hand. My guest count was always zero and also the problem of more than 1 entry for the members on the who's online page as on the screenshot of jjr page i included earlier
                                :):):)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X